1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day Time Mot's

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Exige, Feb 27, 2018.

1. So, after many discussions and opinions on day time mot's I still didn't have a clear understanding of the rules. Wishing to get my Bayliss 1098R on the road I needed to find out soon. Luckily an old mate, who owns a local dealership, visited tonight to have a look at my bikes so I got chance to run the bike past him in preparation for taking it to him for an MOT.
    The bike currently has a kill switch on the bars and a mph speedo - so I asked what else it needs other than a number plate.
    The definitive and legal answer: Nothing other than road legal tyres :)
    That's not even a horn or rear reflector, nothing at all. It needed the kill switch which it has already but surprisingly nothing else. The horn and the reflector surprised me!

Just waiting for my NOVA acceptance so I can start the registration procedure, hopefully it won't take all summer to get sorted :thinkingface:

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. All you need is a horn and a reflector. The end

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Well done Exige. Dont forget to tag this thread with Daytime and MOT.

4. You didn't read my post? Or you disagree with my MOT tester? I'll be going to him instead of you o_O

5. Yes horn and rear reflector, number plate obviously. No lights required but if fitted must work.

6. Is Day Time one word or two. what's a tag, how do you do a tag, how are you feeling :yum

7. Did you read my post too? :eek:

8. This isn't going well :thinkingface:

9. well well well, i was away to get all cocky and say you need a reflector at least.

10. Reason for rejection ... horn missing. Read the mot Manuel

11. Nope

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  12. I'm half way doing my class 1 ànd 2 mot licence.

13. Nope, my MOT man said deffo not - and he is doing my MOT o_O nor a reflector either...

14. He's got his :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Have you read the Manuel it's in black and white . If he passes it he shouldn't be testing.

16. Does he wear a Stetson and Spurs?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. does he like a bottle?

• Like Like x 1
  18. No, feathers I think :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  19. My 749R trackbike has a daylight MOT.
    Number plate, speedo and Horn.
    No reflector.
    No brake light.
    No lights whatsoever allowed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I double checked, he was adam ant but gave up the band long back - been testing 30 years. What about the reflector then? And post up the text for both if you have it :):upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information