1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Day Time Running Lights

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Chris Hicks, May 16, 2019.

1. Anybody have a problem with their DRL's of V4

The DRL Auto symbol on the dash sometimes flashes on my V4s 2018 on start up and when its flashing, the DRL's are not working. This sometimes can be corrected by turning the ignition off and on again but not in all instances and I have to switch to manual headlight to have any front lighting.

Its going back in to dealer to investigate soon but just wondered if anybody else has had this and know what the issue was?

Thanks

2. Hi Chris,

I had this very issue on my first V4 back mid last year... for about a week I had "blinking" lights, front and rear, according to my friends when we were out riding! The following week on the way into Ducati I had a total electrical shut down... the whole bike just shut down!

Never saw the bike again to know what the fault was, so can't help you with any possible solutions as to what the cause may be (sorry)... but certainly something to keep an eye on, mate!

Best of luck!

3. Mine had the same issue, bike went into Ducati Glasgow for a service.
    Told them about it, they updated the software, got the bike back and still have the same issue....

Cycling the ignition like you say temporarily fixes it but it’s not totally fixed.

Disappointing but something I’ve come to expect tbh.

4. Same here

5. Ducati Peterborough have had it in for diagnostics and have found a fault in the wiring loom. Going back in again soon to try to locate the actual fault :)

6. Finally fixed it, it was a fault in the dash. Dealer replaced the dash under warranty :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Had them to look at at it on service, fine since. Don’t know what the problem was but it’s quite common

8. Mine was a faulty dash, they replaced it and all good now:)

10. All sorted, faulty dash which they replaced under warranty

11. my 2018 v4s is still working perfectly touch wood, coming upto 3k on the clock soon. must be one of the lucky ones so far.It does what is says on the tin.

12. Hmmm, could be a faulty dash

Do Not Sell My Personal Information