1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

De-Cat Pipes

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by 1um3, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Hi,

Not sure if this has been asked before, I have searched and haven't come up with much.

Basically, I want to get rid of the catalytic converter on my hyper 2011 796 and was thinking of putting leo vince de-cat pipe (http://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/ducati-de-cat-pipes/ducati-hypermotard-leo-vince-de-cat.html), as I already have a leo vince sbk twin exhaust.

I just have a few questions:
    1. Will it still pass the MOT with this decat pipe and leo vince exhaust?
    2. Will I need to get the ECU recoded? (can anyone do this?)
    3. is this the best value and well made pipe? cheaper anywhere else?
    4. Will it make it louder?
    Thanks in advance for helping me out

Liam

2. Hi Liam

I have the Leo Vince de cat system paired with twin termis on my Ducati Hypermotard 796
    Beleive me you won't regret it.. Transforms the bike, more responsive, quicker, sounds amazing and a lot lighter..

Easy to fit, and really well made, would not hesitate.. The pipe fit is amazing too..

What I would also recommend are the sensor plugs which allow you to remove the sensors from the pipes about £20 on f bay.. Then you can just plug up the pipe with the plug supplied by Leo Vince.. basically these sensor plugs fool the ecu into thinking the sensors are still fitted.. And puts out the ecu light on your dash...

Some of this info might differ slightly if you have a 1100, but you will get the same result, a transformed bike, one that can now breath...

Reset was 20 second job at my dealer.. Passed mot even without baffles, so mine is now as close to a straight through system.. I purchased mine from uk leo vince website..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Hi Noods,

Thanks for the response. Fantastic news, I think I will pull the trigger as I'm getting a service in the next week or so.
    Have you got a link for the sensor plugs on ebay? That's handy to know. So with the sensor plugs, you don't need to do anything to the ECU just fit pipes, sensors and go?

4. Hi Liam
    I will have a look and see what I can find... Yes if you what the finished look you will want rid of the lmbada sensors, but if you do so without the plugs you will have an ecu light on your dash,,permanently ...To plug these in takes 5 mins...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks a lot.

Ok got you, Definitely want the full look. Have you got a picture of your bike just so I can see what it's like?

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Liam

Link below...

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/261239975019

Sorry I have no full pic of my bike yet, as I'm doing a major rebuild of my 796 at the mo, new swingarm, paint, nearly everything, this is the Leo Vince pipe though.. One of best things I've ever bought..
    image.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Thanks again mate, I will get these bits ordered up

Liam

8. Liam

Keep in touch mate, a couple of 796 Hyper owners....

N@@DS

9. Ps... Send me your e mail address...

Something useful for you me thinks ... Muchly so ..

Mine..

[email protected]

N@@DS

10. Yeah the leo vince de cat makes huge difference. A bit deeper tone and definitely pulls better.
    The link noods attached is the place I got my o2 eliminators from. He also sells the blanking plugs cor the pipe. For some reason my pipe only came with 1 plug and you need 2 so I ordered 2 with the eliminators to have the same. He gives postage discount and it all came to £33 I think. I chose the cheapest postage and took about 4 days from greece.

Here's mine after a ride can't really see the plugs 20140308_192951.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Isaachunt, Thanks for that. your hyper looks great too.
    Did you fit the pipe yourself? if so, was it fairly straight forward with the plugs and bits? also where did you get your pipe from?

12. We're you in m+p earlier this week?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Yes I was in m&p looking for small tank bag.
    Pipe simple to fit just start at the front and work your way back. I used some high temp copper gasket paste for the joints. Make sure its all lined up before fully tightening. It is a very simple job don't overtighten the bolts on engine :-D

• Like Like x 1
  14. I bought a 6 month old decat for £90. The tail pipes are a custom chop.

15. I don't know it it helps or you've already bought one but I got a decat for my 1100 (im guessing theyre the same pipe) from a Chinese company called Danmoto - from recollection it cost about 90 quid delivered. It really was a punt as I wasn't sure what I was going to get as it was half the price of the cheapest decat that I could find and I was pleasantly surprised.

Fitted perfectly.
    Quality of welds was really good (some of the best ive seen)
    All the mount points lined up perfectly

Its been on for about 3 months now, its discoloured the same way as the rest of the system, doesn't leak, hasn't cracked. Absolutely brilliant quality.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Unfortunately they don't do them for the 796. after seeing you'd bought yours I emailed and asked.

17. Shit - I assumed the 796 exhaust was the same bore...sorry - forget everything I said!!

18. The 796 decat is the full front pipe from cylinder head. For some reason the back one joins existing header pipe!

19. No flapper valve thingy on 796 either

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. ok, so i spent much of the afternoon today fitting the leo vince decay pipe.
    Was fairly straightforward to fit and used the oxygen sensor clips.
    I have attached a couple of pictures below.

IMG_3856.JPG

IMG_3857.JPG

IMG_3859.JPG

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information