1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

De-catting, Ecu Flashing, Re-mapping.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Kevin Tallant, May 15, 2022.

1. Mates recently passed his test & bought a brand new ktm 790 (2020 model) I can't belive the work he's had to fork out for just to get it to run properly! Turns out it still probably needs a rolling road & power commander to sort it out. Beginning to think he should have bought the no frills 700 tenere instead. Are all modern bike cursed with this emissions strangulations ??!! It hardly seemed fit for purpose out the crate.

2. Thread moved

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pretty standard on anything remotely modern that if you change more than an end can it’ll need remapping.
    Even end cans upset the fuelling.

cats become an issue with remaps because they’re designed to work within certain parameters, when you change the fuel to air it can wreck them.

A lot of modern stuff has so many emissions systems now that they do indeed run like shit from the factory also.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm just amazed that you have to drop a good chunk of change to make a brand new bike run correctly. His bike is lovely with quickshifter, rider modes etc. Just the throttle was a shocking on/off switch at low speeds.

5. Its a KTM!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. the new r1 has 5 cats on it :astonished:

its very restricted from the the factory

7. Think the gixxer is the same tbh

Nuts isn’t it

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. yes mate, its bloody ridiculous seeing as its not law to have them fitted in this country or for the mot (yet).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tell him to speak to BSD Engineering they are very good with ecu remapping etc.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information