1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decal Cock Up.

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by gregsf848, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Just applied a pikes peak decal to my mutly really like the look but i went and cocked it right up. fullsizeoutput_8b01.jpeg fullsizeoutput_8aff.jpeg

2. I don't think it's that bad, must be something out there to mask the tear instead of removing it all?

3. Appreciate your comment nigel, unfortunately the OCD in me won't let me bodge it up further or indeed ignore it, i'll order another and get someone who knows what they're doing install it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I feel your pain.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks man.

6. Have you tried a hairdryer slowly to lift from the outer edge and work back in?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. What he said. Or stick a nice tricolour sticker over the top :upyeah:

8. I know what you mean, tried that, and failed.

9. Please let me know if you find someone to fit your new decal. Tried loads of people and nobody interested.

Regards Steve

10. Can the single piece be ordered?

11. Soapy water on first then decal then a squeegee (sp?).

12. Perhaps a Ducati Corse shield decal over it?

13. Your a braver man than I for even attempting to fit a decal to a curved nose cone. I know I'd end up spending hours, then just torching the bike in a rage [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Yep thats how i initally applied it, but just fucked up the last bit.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hmmm maybe an idea,thanks for that.

17. Yes, theirs a graphics company in surrey (not too far from me), depends on your location of course.

18. Doubt it to be honest mate.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information