1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decal Matching 996

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Ducatimally, Jan 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hi all, I need to order 2 new Ducati Performance decals for a 2000 996 in Yellow. I’m unsure if the original decals are Metallic Silver or Metallic Grey, just wondered if you guys know?

The original 996 fairing decals are lacquered in and in some light looks silver, but other light look grey! There are already Ducati Performance decals on the bike (definitely silver), but not lacquered. In some light they look to match the 996 decals (both silver) from another angle the 996 looks grey - is this because 1 is lacquered and the other not? I’m having some paint done on the lower fairings, so replacing the Ducati Performance decals (starting to peel anyway) and will have them lacquered. I’m just confused whether to order the silver or grey!

Sorry for the ramble, but need the detail to be right!

2. In many cases, the original decals are still available from Ducati. Have a chat with Craig at Moto Rapido ([email protected]) and give him your VIN. If they are still available, he will know. Andy

3. Thanks Andy, but I’m not replacing the original decals (my paint man doesn’t need to touch them). It’s the aftermarket “Ducati Performance “ decals - do I go silver or grey to match the 996 OEM decals?

4. Ah, okay. I’m afraid I don’t know enough to be of help this time. Andy

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information