1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided To Pre-empt Santa

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Android853sp, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Ever since Wera tools were mentioned on the forum, I have been looking for a local stockist. By chance this morning, I found out my local DeWalt dealer carries a small range. Way too late to ask Santa so I bought this for myself :D
    20201221_135948.jpg 20201221_140006.jpg
    Andy

• Like Like x 20
  2. I've the Torx bits & magnetic extension bar kit only,just quality.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I will be setting out on Wednesday with the reindeer and sleigh to collect my gift.......to myself :innocent:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Premium quality which carries a premium price. My local tool shop owner reckons Wera is the best quality he sells but sadly most of his regular customers are budget conscious, hence his small range of stock. Probably for the best knowing my propensity for buying shiny tools. Andy

5. Nice
    I'm looking at that set
    Can you please post up the outside dimensions of the wallet closed
    No one lists outer dimensions
    Thanks
    Andy

6. Mmmm, Wera, Their Hex key set I brought a year or so ago has had a lot of use and not a sign of rounding off.

7. 7.5” (long) x 3.5” (wide) x 2” (deep). Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. A unique design by all accounts, that reduces wear and tear. Andy

9. I think that was my fault! My introduction (gateway drug) was this little set:
    [​IMG]

My Christmas list was mainly Wera Tools and/or Gin!

This is what I keep trying to convince myself I need, Wera Joker Combination Ratchet Spanner set (£150 though)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Most used sizes here at a better price:
    https://www.toolstation.com/wera-joker-combination-ratchet-wrench/p50510

11. You despicable person :joy: I like that a lot. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thanks lads.....I think! £75 worth being delivered tomorrow. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Buy cheap buy twice that's what they say about most things inlife,well made tools should last for decades without any problems in my book if not abused.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Sometimes though tools that last forever make the decision of upgrading even more difficult.........
    In my head I say, "Why not treat myself to a lovely new full set of Wera Joker Switches" oh yeah, because I have 7 other sets of perfectly good spanners, 6 sets of Allen keys, 5 socket sets, 4 torque wrenches, 2 roll cabs with top boxes (and a partridge in a pair tree)....Damn I need to offload some stuff
    Thing that bothers me most is that someone will steal the good stuff :(

• Like Like x 2
  15. My spanners and ratchet stuff is mainly Gedore, Hazet and Walter, 30 years plus and still in great shape, and it is used a lot!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Any clue what your collecting Paul?

17. Here’s my Hazet from when I was an apprentice
    New wheels and powder coated red

2695FEE3-05AF-421E-AE87-842662A101DD.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information