1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting Pillion Footpegs - Risky?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by dubcat, Jul 5, 2019.

1. I had a recent low-side. My pillion footrest/exhaust hanger bracket saved my termis from being trashed by making impact with the ground before the pipes could.

I’m now wondering if the evotech exhaust hanger that deletes the pillion footrest (for a much cleaner look) is a sensible idea, for me. Same goes for the bar end mirrors :)

Before you say it, I know the answer is to ‘not crash’ :)

2. How do you "delete" them? Can't you "copy and paste" them somewhere else :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. yOU CAN GET CRASH BUNGS FOR PIPES, goddamned caps. Well I aint typing it again. Pretty sure Ive seen end cans with lumps of nylon on em. 1st things to come off my bikes are pillion pegs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I’d love to remove the pillion rests and hangers on mine. Have you seen the size of the hanger on an M1100S:eek:. Anyone done it?
    0726716F-E96A-4934-BB2E-15FD5AF53924.jpeg

5. J
    just get some after market rearsets

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. You should have bought my crash bobbins!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I already have them installed on the frame and front forks.. but how would that protect the pipes if the touch points were middle and rear of bike rather than middle and front?

8. Ah right. Yeah the exhaust is always likely
    To his the ground even with the crash bobbins

9. Always wear protection (kids) :upyeah:

10. When I got my first Pani 1199 I had a low side in the Alps and got away with it because of all the luggage bags on the back. Luck of the draw what get damaged unfortunately. You can buy plastic protectors for the exhaust can which are much better than using the (big and heavy) pillion pegs.

Damn look at the size of that!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yep. I binned a Streetfighter at low speed on the same day I bought it last November. Luckily nothing was damaged because my leg was underneath it and so my left tibia acted as a deformable crash structure, fracturing it in the process. But the main thing is that my exhaust survived unscathed. The NHS is free. Termis are not.

#11 Zhed46, Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  12. Yep.
    Rearsets from eBay. Cost about a one-er.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information