1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delkevic Exhausts

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by cookster, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Hi guys anyone ever used a delkevic exhaust system on there non Ducati bike ??

2. Hi guys anyone ever used a delkevic exhaust system on there non Ducati bike ??

3. Had one fitted to the Mrs SV650 - really well made very impressed - if a little loud

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I'm looking at one for my track bike as there quite cheap.

5. I would recommend as long as it comes with a baffle - couple of friends fitted, really pretty welding and good value

• Like Like x 1
  6. I bought a delkevic for my cbr 600 fsport and it caused a massive flat spot around 8k rpm. Had to get a pcv and map it out. Once that was sorted it was great. And like you said was a good price.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Had one on my GSXR750 track bike. Just scraped thro a 98db track day noise limit with the baffle out.

Noisy, fairly good quality and cheap(er).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Whatever bike your track bike is, go to that forum and type in delkevic. I remember on the blackbirds the cans were perfectly fine but the down pipes caused flat spots that could not be dialed out.

As a piece of useless information, Delkevic are part of D K Motorcycles in Newcastle under Lyme. and the name was made up of Derek and Kevin who are both directors

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. I had some fitted to my Blackbird. Just the cans. They were well made although they were loud and the baffles didn’t seem to make a difference when fitted.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. There listed on eBay think there about £180 with the link pipe so good value for money if it gets dropped not going to break the bank.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Forgot to mention I had the down pipes which caused the flat spots. If it's just the end cans should be ok.

12. Yeah just looking at link pipe and end can. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. IMHO, Unless they come with rolling road figures, i think your wasting your time and money.. I'm not sure how by fitting a 'performance exhaust' improves engine power, on a std engine, without a remap or re-jetting...
    A track bike needs extra torque and BHP and not just noise and good looks... I've always said, why do the big four spend millions, developing exhausts?

14. The bike 4 design their bikes to meet the ridiculous noise and emission regulations set by the EU.

The exhaust off the Ducati MotoGP bike is at the peak of performance and design, but it would never ever make it onto a production bike as it won't meet the regulations. Akropovic / Termi spend millions designing an exhaust to out perform the OEM kit, but that's why the top ones are stamped 'NOT ROAD LEGAL'.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information