1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Deposit Down!

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Tmac88, Apr 25, 2017.

1. I bought a 749 base in 2012, love the bike and wouldn't sell it, but its very different from when I bought it but the 749 is loads of fun in a tiny bike! got an 1199 and SL1299 on order but heart is with the 749, thats my bike!.
    Also the prices are rising i noticed.

2. Don't know much about the bike in question but I bought my 848 from them a few years ago. They're a decent bunch and always easy to deal with.
    Enjoy it! :upyeah:

3. Thats a pretty fair price. Lots are up for over 4000 and not all of those are genuine S models. You will love it.

4. Hi tmac ,congrats,you ll love it,traded my 749s mono in last November for a m1100 evo,had it for 8 yrs,was fab around donington park,I converted mine to a biposta for a while,to take my son out,put it back to mono for sale,still have biposta gear if you were interested,,

5. Looks nice, never been sure about the crash bungs through the fairing for a road bike. But, it is already done, so it is what it is.

Had 2 x 749, easy bike to ride quick.

Enjoy your summer.

6. So I'm expecting the 749s next week. Getting delivered so haven't seen the bike, I pay when it arrives though.

The dealer claims it has FSH so how many stamps should i look for? Also any other things to look for before handing over the cash?

It's also going to be covered outside while i have it for the next few months then garaged before winter. Any advice for keeping outside?

7. Several big locks and a "Suzuki" bike cover.

FSH to me would mean at least receipts every year for fresh oil/filter, Even if it's been done by the owner. Otherwise it's not "full". FSH is a slightly vague term.

Belts should be changed every 2 years and valves checked every 6k mls IIRC.

make sure it comes with the code card for the keys.

8. Welcome, please join the map linked below.

Ducati Forum

9. Have you got it yet?

10. Yeah just got it this morning, will post a couple of pics.

Needs a bit of tlc to be honest but nothing too major. I just took it out for a quick spin and there seems to be an issue.

When i accelerate in any gear is seems to hit some kind of limiter at about 8,500rpm, it won't let me got past it. Any ideas?

11. Not a clue....but it seems replacing the fuel relay solves everything on these.....im sure someone will be along soon to help with a definitive answer!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information