1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Depreciation

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JoeC, Mar 19, 2019.

1. £35k new? 20% vat off @£7k ? Plus an owner on the logbook and it’s still at £30k ish then there is the depreciation, has it not held value well? Or were you thinking it could have been more? I don’t know much about them but it looks like it’s held value well

2. These are 44,500€ new so no, it hasn’t held value well. -10k in 4 odd months!

3. Ahh ok, just thought the vat goes straightaway anyway plus an owner etc etc

4. You'll always take a bath buying a new bike, maybe less so with certain limited editions (Desmosedici) but by and large, you'll take a bath.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. I would guess the introduction of the V4R has hit s/h prices of the Speciale quite hard.

A lot of the Speciales seem to be used mostly or exclusively on the track but the V4R seems the better option for that kind of use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nah, the V4, V4S & Speciale will drop in value regardless of the V4R release. That's what new bikes do. The V4R will drop too.

A Speciale is for fawning over with it's pretty paint job. Trackies (like me) will get the V4(S) and prep it for track use. Plus of course they can all be used as an insane road bike, including the R. Not me though, I'd rather have a Hyper or a Monster for road hooning.

7. I personally don’t think it’s more than to be reasonably expected given a new purchase and sale in only 4 months, however regarding the v4r as some have commented. My ‘concern’ with Ducati’s recent strategy is getting a little like MV where you buy the ‘latest and last special’ and then 3-6 months later there is one that’s just a little later and more special... aka Superlegera 2 and then the final edition which while nowhere near the spec in terms of frame it was a bit too close for comfort for all those who rushed to by the SL2, im sure we will see this with the V4’s, I predict another V4r next year, then a restyled V4S and another special all next year.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. People should just buy a bike and enjoy riding it(as it was meant)...this "latest, special, exclusive, limited" marketing bullshit is taking over the pleasure of riding. Average Joe on a base model with a well sorted suspension it will be as quick on any of them.
    Joe is a coincidence.... :) :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. VAT has got nothing to do with the price second hand. Its all about what someone perceives the value is once its been previously owned . Eg, someone might pay more than the list price of a bike if they are desperate to have it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Just imagine if they had actually ridden the thing! Other than a few specials the idea that Ducati’s hold their value compared to other manufacturers is a fallacy.

11. Coincidence or not I am that average Joe and I am quickest on my stock standard 999S!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. So the bike has sold within one week of listing therefore it must have represented fair value at that price and someone saved themselves almost 10k by just hanging around a bit.
    We all know that new stuff depreciates, my point was simply that I was happy that I cancelled my order before delivery and now if I wish, I can pick one up in the aftermarket for significantly less (22%).

13. I’m kind of pained to say this but after having a go on the latest version of the RSV4 I’m of the opinion it’s a better bike, especially in the chassis/handling department.
    I won’t be changing the Ducati for one though, if the rumours about an RVF1000RR in 2020/2021 are true I’m going to wait to change for that.

14. You might be right. Alistair Fagan lapped a wee bit quicker with it in a head to head on 44 teeth in Jerez. Ducati's are historically known to require super high skill levels to get the absolute best from them. I guess the top 5% of the performance envelope is where it makes the difference.

15. After riding both I’ve found the Panigale more twitchy, not that it’s a bad handling bike by any means, it’s just the Aprilia is a very,very good handling bike, both are great though!.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information