1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Software

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Tyrone Spencer, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Hi all Can anybody help me, my Dad is working on a project his post is on here somewhere, where he is combining an ST4 frame with a cagiva raptor engine and apprilla swing arm etc, i would like to get a digital copy/ idea of how it will all look, my question is does anyone know of where i can get either CAD drawings of each of the bikes so i can drag and move the components to match each other or even some form of bike design software so i can get it drawn up without going through the whole process myself on CAD as this would take forever?
    so ideally whats the best programs/ software to design and alter motorbikes?

2. Solidworks is your best bet but it ain't cheap!

Also, there are loads of websites with CAD drawings you can download but I'm not sure if you'd find exactly what you're looking for.

3. I cant even find somewhere to download them

4. Have you got the software to manipulate a CAD model? If not I'd start there.

I can only speak about Solidworks, it would be a simple matter of drawing up the frame and for the engine and swing arm I'd probably just made some models that have the pertinent mounting points/holes.

5. If you haven't got the software but have the frame, engine and swingarm, I'd probably tempted to use card to make a flat representation of mount points and holes etc and use that to work out how you need to modify the frame.

6. i think thats what im going to have to do

7. Fusion 360
    SketchUp

Both come with free trials, sketchup is extremely easy to use, but is very basic. Fusion360 has some really advanced features, but takes some getting used to. Loads of free resources online to learn from.

8. Yep go with Fusion 360, its free trial but as a"student" the trial is a year and you can re sign. You will be amazed what it can do if you learn how to drive it.

9. Hi how do I get away with being a student when I’m not

10. Hi how do I get away with being a student when I’m not

11. I'm not a student. I'm 58! Do you have a desire to learn Fusion360. If you can answer yes then you are a student.

Seriously, register and look around for the student option, i'm afraid i cannot remember where on the page it is. My download is for a year so i know first hand that it works

12. Ok thank you for that I’ll give it a go

Do Not Sell My Personal Information