1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desmo 1452 Is All Mine!!

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by James Thomas, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Hello folks

I shook hands to finalize a deal today to buy Desmo (number 1452). 5731km on the clock, very little use over the past 3 years, but cherished with full service history. Comes with the GP exhaust and fairings.

[​IMG]

Still wearing 2009 vintage tires, so it'll need some new (16"!) boots before I can give it a proper run out. Hopefully being delivered on Saturday. **EXCITED**

I think that's my Ducati Greatest Hits collection complete.... for now!

Cheers

• Like Like x 57
  2. Very special!
    Congratulations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Has it been serviced?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice congratulations

5. Very nice, congratulations on your investment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lovely bike, well done.
    But you shouldn't have shook hands, you should have bumped elbows:grinning::mask:

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. That sir would be my forever bike. Congratulations.lots of pics please when you take delivery.
    Are you going to source new rims?

8. Congrats. Dealer or private sale?

Got one on my shopping list.

9. Wow. :grinning:
    Congratulations.

10. My ultimate bike, congrats fella. I’d not be riding it this time of year though!

#11 Symon Moore, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  11. Beautiful,enjoy:upyeah:.

12. Don't think Dubai has our weather

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Congratulations you lucky git!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Top notch, ...dream bike. Take care with the leaves rotting on junctions & driveways.

15. Not bad! But shall I mention the lack of Sulo in shot, or let someone else who will be along soon to do that?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. The BT01 tyres were created specially for the D16 and no other manufacturer makes a tyre that will fit. Bridgestone stopped producing them years ago so you’ll not get “new” ones. I have a few sets wrapped and stored in my loft but they were actually pretty rubbish even back in 2008 ... and by modern standards they really suck. Anyone who actually uses their D16 has replaced the wheels to get a standard 17” rear in order to run decent rubber. Oz are a popular reasonably priced option, or BKS if you like carbon wheels (my choice). If you can find a set then secondhand Marchesinis from a 999 (but only the r I believe) are a cheaper option. You should also look at getting the suspension set-up with softer springs. Carry a small bottle of oil with you, a spanner to bleed the clutch and be prepared for plenty of fuel stops. I ended-up getting a second-hand petrol tank enlarged to give me a “normal for Ducati sports bike” 120 mile range. With the standard tank I was getting 60-80 miles ... a right ball-ache when you a riding longer trips with others.

Enjoy!!! For all the faff and shortcomings described above I still love riding mine .... so much so I did 15000 miles in just 3 years. I think the thread about that is still here on the forum.

• Like Like x 15
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Congratulations! Lovely!

18. Very special and very nice.

Looking forwards to more pictures and more stories of ownership :)

19. Thanks all! Turns out the bike might arrive this afternoon so I'll upload a load of photos later if so (I'll be sure to include wheelie bin and leave the side stand down on the paddock stand, don't worry!).

On tires, I'm finding a couple of places that are advertising BT01R 200/55R16 (for eye watering prices) for sale online. Guess I need to check on manufacturing date. Are there really no alternatives?? I've got a spare set of wheels from my Speciale, but guess they're no use here either, what with the SSSA and all?!

I believe the bike has recently been serviced. It was a private sale but arranged through the Ducati dealer here in Dubai. It was sat on a plinth in their showroom for 3 years, with their lead tech starting it and riding it around the block every month and then servicing every year.

Now need to decide whether it replaces the 996R in my office as my object to gaze at, or stays in the garage for the occasional run out. First world problems, eh?! :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information