1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devon/london - V4s

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Jewell, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Morning All

It’s been a long time since I needed a Ducati Forum but I first had an account on Ducati Sporting Club, 17 years ago, when I had my Cagiva Mito.

Now at the not-so-tender age of 34, I’m on my 3rd Ducati - a V4S.

I live near Exeter but my business is based in London so my 3rd home is the A303, constantly in use....

I hope this forum will help in buying carbon fibre and joining in on local meets.

Cheers
    Ed

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome to the forum Ed, loads of great advice (and plenty of bollocks of course) on here - enjoy.

3. Welcome Dave

4. Welcome aboard and love the A303,i've used it many.many times over the years:upyeah:...but not liking those bloody cameras everywhere now.:mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. welcome ed'

I'd suggest throwing £15 in the kitty for subscribing. Taking a look in the vendor section where this site has two renowned dealers of carbon-fibre. Send them a PM requesting a discount code which should remove postage or wait for them to announce a deal. And also take a gander at Illmberger site for kit'

#5 GunZenBomZ, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hi and welcome. Do you use the v4 to commute on out if interest? They are pretty comfy but it could get expensive o_O

7. good plan, thanks for that.

God no. I’m 6ft 4 and 110kgs. This bike is about as uncomfortable as they get. However, on track it’s perfect. I barely cover 1,000 miles a year on road. Long gone are my 20,000 miles a year commuting on a bike through London. I don’t miss those days.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Welcome to the Forum Ed :upyeah:

Photos, we like photos, preferably with your bins in shot:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. You are clearly too big for the bike. I am 5’ 5” and mine was super comfortable (if a bit of a stretch to terra firma). I will take it off your hands for £8k as a favour, or 10 bags of Wotsits and one loo roll.
    Deal?
    :cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome to the forum

11. Welcome to the forum enjoy your V4s but we still need pictures

12. Welcome Jewell, in these challenging times I imagine the forum will be awash with the usual healthy dose of informative, less so, utter bollox threads, to keep us all amused. I'm not a binge watching box-set victim of Netflix under normal circumstances so I might have to change my ways if COVID-19 dictates my social life as it likely will/has already. Consider yourself lucky, my V4S is in long term storage and has been since July 2019 until our new garage is/was supposed to be built. I was reliably informed late June 2020 for completion, some months ago. Given all that is going on, right now I have absolutely no idea when I will get my hands on it again.

13. Will do. I actually don’t have any on my phone and it’s currently 180 miles away at home in Devon, whilst I dodge the Corona Virus in London....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sounds horrendous, time wise to build. We just got planning through for a house and it took us 3 years to get. But I don’t think I could live with a bike in storage....

I would advise a Trackday with a hire bike to keep your sanity levels in check....

15. I had a 94 cagiva mito as my first geared bike. Wish I had kept it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. As i am pretty close to Devon,if you want the bike to have a airing just let me know :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Greetings! Stay safe in London town.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Welcome Big Ed :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. The day it was delivered...

I’m home in a week so I will make a GoPro video, unless the government has legally banned all outside movements....

D399C993-E008-4AFF-A689-4B6263DDF2EF.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information