1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Diagnostic Connector, Connected To What?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by SF Kiwi, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Hey there team,

So the diagnostic connector under the cowl is or has been unplugged and has a little white connector at the end of it. Under the seat, where my bum goes is a female white connector...assuming these two just clip together, it should work, right?

But, last night I received my new Healtech gear indicator, plugged it in (according to instructions) and nothing. I found that the white clips were not connected, so I connected them and still nothing.

Does anyone know where I can trace this back to?

I'm guessing it draws power but wow....beyond me

Maybe something simple (hopefully)

2. That is not the diagnostic connector. It is the DDA connector for bike telemetrics. The diagnostic port is a 3 way Superseal connector by the ECU. (3way but has just two wires into it).

3. Oh thanks for that, i'll have another look. The connector plug that came with the Healtech gear indicator fits the connector under the cowl perfectly, but not the one under the seat. So the one you are talking about, where is that then?
    The instructions suggest under the seat..

Feeling confused

4. The four pin connector is for later bikes. You need this type of connector as far as I can see.
    [​IMG]

5. Done some digging and found this YouTube video. The DDA under the Seat appears to now be used for the 1098 and not the diagnostic port. See at 2m28s in the video

Do Not Sell My Personal Information