1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Diagnostics

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by fishead, Jul 24, 2019.

1. sorry for so many posts !

I apologise in advance computers is not my strong point pls bare with me

my Honda runs stand alone cdi, I have a lap top disc and cable so I can plug into it map it an see live readings, I also have lexia programme and cables that I got off ebay, which allows me to read fault codes and see live parameter readings ect, cant map but is a good diagnostic tool

does anyone know if there is anything similar I can get for a 998 bip or even ducatis in general, so I can plug my laptop in an see fault codes and or live readings ?
    are the ecus mappable, or is it a case of a different ecu ?

I was given an apparently programmable ecu with a map for termis when I bought the bike but previous owner said when he tried it it run like a turd so I haven't done anything with it yet, was going to take it into moto rapido an see if someone can tell me what its for

many thanks for your patience and guidance/ideas, really is appreciated

2. For basic stuff I use scan mx on an old android phone. You can see the fault codes and a few other bits. For more complex stuff like mapping and other, I ask @chrisw to help. He knows this stuff inside out.

Ian

3. Do a search on 998 ECU - lonelec cables and JPdiag will enable you to perform most tests, if you have no success, PM me as I have VDST software that does the job.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information