1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel anti-theft system?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Lazarus, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Anyone here fitted the Diavel specific anti-theft system? I've been quoted £252 plus £66 labour for supply and fit. Are they more hassle than benefit?

-LaZ-

2. The looks alone make it un-stealable don't they? :biggrin:

3. And it comes from multistrudel owner :upyeah:

4. After browsing the ol' net for some info, I think I'm going to give the alarm a miss. For the most part the bike is in a double-locked integral garage, so I think the best way to spend the money is on a fookin' great 'indestructible' Almax chain, padlock & anchor.

-LaZ-

5. Decently. Alarm is to stop joyriders but you have immobiliser for that already. For noise when away from home fit alarmed disc lock.

Tracker is also good option (or all 3).

6. Have a look at a "Grip-Lock". It clamps around the throttle and locks the the front brake on. The ones I bought came in a high viz red and in combination with the steering lock it makes the bike really difficult to manoever. We parked my Strada and my companion's Diavel at Le Man in May during the Moto GP last year and it clearly impressed a number of people who stopped to enquire. Andy

7. Great suggestion Android! I've ordered one from Ebay for when I am out-and-about; it certainly looks easier to cart about than my Oxford Boss Alarm Disc-Lock.

The standard Diavel immobiliser is recognised by my insurer and the dealer fits 'Datatag' as part of the OTR charges but, I'll still be getting a heavy duty 'Almax Immobiliser IV' for Home use though.

-LaZ-

#7 Lazarus, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  8. -LaZ-

When it arrives it will have 3 rubber inserts. Each will be a different thickness and you only use the one that gives you a snug fit. The position of the front brake lever is also adjustable and I wouldn't advise you clamp it really tight because the hydraulic system is then under a lot of pressure for an unusual period of time - any weakness and you lose all the fluid ! I found by trial and error that just having the brake binding is plenty. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information