1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel For A Short Guy... 5' 3"

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Mad Dog, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Hi all, as a 5' 3" Guy that's been riding a Harley Sportster, how suitable would a Diavel Carbon be for me? Anyone out there in a similar position that owns one? I just love this bike and have to have one! Any help or comments would be grateful.

2. My girlfriend is only a little taller than you (about 2") and she can flat foot her Diavel which she absolutely loves to bits. Standard rear suspension is a challenge to get just right and still lifts you out of the seat on bigger bumps and the forks come out of the factory with zero pre load ! Took a while but well worth it. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hi Andy, thanks for the info. How does she get on with handlebar reach etc

4. 300 miles in a day manageable. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. our hairless leader ( @El Toro ) had one on loan and he's only 3'5 ( a lil taller than me) and I think he liked it. I've only sat on one but doubt us shorties would have a prob.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 3'6" !!! :rage:

7. :Sorry:

8. +1

Definitely worth adjusting the rear preload for rider/passenger weight. Previous owner of my bike was a 'well-nourished lady' who was reputed to weigh significantly more than me. When I first rode it, the bike had way too much preload on the rear shock for my weight.

9. well nourished :D

10. The Diavel is about the only bike on which my husband (5'10) and I (5' 2 1/2) are both comfortable. He owns a Diavel Dark, and we both test rode the Diavel. It's a hoot. It's not the lightest bike but I have no problem getting my feet on the floor and no problem with reach to the bars.

• Like Like x 1
  11. you'll want to avoid the touring seat which adds height, about 40mm I think maybe a bit less. Ohlins rear shocks apprently raise the rear end but i don't know by how much and it is a worth while mod as the stock suspension unit is poor (unless you are really a light weight), can only be a few mm's on height. On the Gen 1s at least you can't drop the forks in the yokes by much, about 5mm. I would think you would sit on the bike with feet flat on the ground just about.

12. I'm 5'7'' and have absolutely no probs whatsoever. In fact I also have access to a Harley 48 (my sons) and the Diavel is way WAY more comfy.

Stuart

13. hi I am 5 feet 6 inches have no problem with weight or feet on floor don't forget you can always use boots with a thicker sole

14. Thanks all for helping me decide. I went and bought a Carbon Red. Gen 2. Been out on it just the once over last weekend. WOW what a bike!! Lovin it!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I got mine the other week , been riding a Yam Bolt and other low seat bikes for a few years,Im only 5',6",and can flat foot no problem, I found this the most comfortable and easy to ride bike I've been on.as big as they look there surprisingly light and easy to throw about.
    I took the wife out for the first time last night and even though she's 5',5" and awaiting a knee operation she was impressed on how easy it is to get on and how comfy the seat/peg arrangement is.(we normally have to pull up next to a kerb for her to perch her arse on lol)
    Have fun ,,stay safe
    Rick

Do Not Sell My Personal Information