1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Fuel Guage ...

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by RocketRomeo, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Hi all

When I fill up, the bike still shows the fuel tank as low... this used to resolve once the bike was ridden briefly, ignition turned off, and then restart the ignition...

Now the fuel guage consistently shows empty, no matter what I try.

Had anyone else had this problem?

Bike is a 2016 Carbon.

Cheers

2. Many, many Multistradas have had this problem. Never heard about Diavels having the same, but I suppose it's not surprising. Ducati agents will replace the fuel sender unit in the tank under warranty (or goodwill) without much quibbling.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have same problem on my 2015 Dark, with only 8k. Fuel light & engine management flashing, also get "fuel sensor" error message.
    I spoke to dealer who I bought it from and they took the bike details. They suggested that Ducati know it is a known fault which they are trying to remedy, something to do with Ethanol in fuel.
    I always try and put RON 97/98 in mine, runs better, but sometines I do not have a choice and have to put in regular RON 95.
    They also seemed quite hopeful that Ducati will fix it as a goodwill/warranty thing even though I am 7 months out of warranty.

Is yours not still under warranty. Even if not get onto your dealer, as

4. I had the same problem on my 2014 bike. The gauge would take ages to creep back upwards after filling the tank, and eventually it got so bad it never read accurately. I had a new fuel level sender fitted and the problem has gone away.

5. Tends to be if you have left the bike in storage for a period of time, with only part full tank.
    The sender unit seems to get lacquered and stuck in one position. Then when you fill up, the sender is stuck and you get wrong readings.

Happened to by bike as it spent most of winter 2016 sat in the dealers on sale. I had to have a new sender unit start of 2017 under warranty. I stored my bike with a full tank this winter and all was OK when I pulled it out of storage last month.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information