1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Headstock?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Rick B, May 25, 2017.

1. Got a slight knock on my 2012 headstock, I'm presuming it needs nipping up its only done 4500 so I'm hoping the bearings are still workable,How easy is it as a D I Y jobee or do I have to sell a kidney and take it to the dealers?
    Cheers
    Rick

2. Headstock bearings are ball not taper and if they are notchy are likely to need replacing. Girlfriend's failed the mot on headstock bearings and her bike is a similar age although more miles. The inside of her headstock was rusted to bits from water ingress. If you have the stands to remove the forks, it's a competent engineers diy job. I couldn't be arsed and got our dealer to do it, 2 year parts guarantee comes in the price. Andy

3. Cheers Andy
    At the moment its not too bad but I know it will be an issue a few miles later so I was thinking about getting it addressed,
    What did the dealer charge you if you don't mind me being a nosey bastad?

4. Cost was swept up in another job but I'd guess 2 hours so in the order of £150 incl vat + parts. Andy

5. Hmm £150.00 compared to the price of a stand, bearing and a kidney that's had more hammer than a blind joiners thumb, I might just bite the bullet later on.
    Rick

Do Not Sell My Personal Information