1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Diavel Tank Removal : Gen 1 Re Running Rough

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by hedgehog of death, Jul 15, 2021.

1. I am having issues with my Gen 1. Once it has warmed slightly it misses , then pops, and then blows the exhaust spring linkage apart.
    Talking with some service departments and the internet it is likely to be one of two issues - plugs or air sensors - both which are under the tank.
    Having looked on You Tube, taking the tank off a Diavel is not to be done lightly - it seems to involve removing 45 bolts , the on-tank display - and obviously unplumbing the tank.
    How difficult is this to do?
    Does the tank have to be empty. Or so it somehow self seal?
    Help !

2. Hugely involved and tricky in parts. The top display needs to be unplugged to get the lower display out of the way. Only 4 nuts but 4 nuts in the most awkward place and easily dropped into oblivion. Tank needs to be empty because it's unwieldy. Every body panel needs to come off. If you are methodical and patient, it's a long winded process but can be done at home. Andy

3. I think you may have just killed my enthusiasm - plus the tank is full !

4. I’m retired and it’s my girlfriend's Diavel so occupies my time and gets me brownie points :D Andy

5. TBH I am retired ... and it's my Diavel. As ProTwins haven't rung back I might just have to be less lazy ...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information