1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel v Audi R8 V10 Video.

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Wrecked, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Proof indeed that very expensive sporty cars are a smidge faster than a motorbike meant for crusing :upyeah:

2. The Diavel aint no cruiser!

3. Tell that to the septics :wink:

4. I was thinking the same, why not race a sports bike? Why a Diavel? Whats the point?

5. Isnt a diavel longer and therefore mre tractin and quicker straight line than an 1198?

6. Just watched it...seems dodgy to me. Bike was miles ahead, probably on the brakes before the R8 even hit 150 them took forever to stop...and 150 on a diavel?! Imagine how much quicker a sports bike would be

7. Hi Guys, I have a Diavel and 1198S. I took both bikes to theWheels and Wings event at the Top Gear Track last August. The Diavel managed160 mph, where the 1198S did 176 mph (DDA). However, the Diavel was noticeably very quick off the line.

• Like Like x 2
  8. So a 210kg 162bhp sit up bike is faster off the mark than a 180bhp superbike? Is that what I am being told? :rolleyes:

9. Yes, that is right; 1198S 0-100kph =3.18s, Diavel 0-100kph =2.6s. I also have a Panigale, and can confirm the Diavel is quicker off the line than both the Panigale and the 1198S.

10. i don't have the numbers could be it has 3 tooth more at the rear...

11. When the Diavel was launched it was fairly well advertised it was quicker off the mark than any superbike, something to do with lower COG or something...

12. Another example of a car magazine comparing apples to porcupines. Any bike without a fairing is going to struggle above 100mph, regardless of the 0-60 times.

13. At the very least they should have removed the Audi's windscreen :wink:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information