1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel.......wtf...insurance Nightmare!!

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by DukeSingh, May 19, 2018.

1. Coming up for insurance renewal and can't get quotes on my Diavel! (even extortionate ones) :sob:

Have done a few mods to my 2016 Diavel Carbon inc colour change (to yellow), rear set change, Ohlins rear shock, Remus end can. Approx £4k spend on mods.

I have a friend who has offered his secured and alarmed garage (approx 1.5miles away from my home) as a place to keep the bike. At my home I can only offer the bike outdoor parking in my drive which clearly is just asking for trouble....even if covered. Used purely for social purposes.

I have 10 years NCB (and SP30 points x 3 from 2017) and despite security on the bike listed below...the whole arrangement still not good enough for a quote!

* Ducati Alarm/Immoboliser
    * Datatool Trackking
    * Datatag
    * Pragmasis Protector 19mm chain & Squire Lock
    * Rear disc lock.

Any suggestions (other than sell the bike) would be most appreciated.:thinkingface:

Tks!
    Nick

2. Bemoto buddy
    My 899 is pretty far from standard and they were spot on.
    All parts will bee replaced like for like in the unfortunate event of a claim

3. Have you tried Bikesure or their associate Adrian Flux?

4. Thread moved

5. Im sure your bike value is £8999.
    Try that

6. It should be cheaper now it's yellow. Who would want to pinch that!?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bananaman

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Keeping the bike at another location to where you live is a big no no for underwriters. No idea why but had the same issue with my girlfriends Diavel despite a tracker, bikeloc and secure alarmed garage. Andy

9. It's so sad that Bananaman has turned to crime, presumably this happened following the downward spiral of drink and drugs after his show got cancelled?

10. I would think there is no chance of theft, but every chance someone will be so offended by it that they'll drop by and set fire to it! Perhaps that's what's concerning potential insurers?

11. Loving the jocularity…making my sides split! The insurance enigma really is driving me bananas!

Will look into the insurance firms listed by some. Tks!:upyeah:

Might have to turn it into a track bike!:motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Good to see you have a fully functioning sense of humour. Some members on here are so precious you wouldn't believe!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  13. Eureka! Got there finally...Adrian Flux managed to get me covered. Fully comp including Legal, Personal Accident, Helmet & leathers cover and excess protection...all for a mere £660 :astonished::oops:...better get my arse to the docks! :imp:

14. Mine is due up in a couple of weeks. Got quoted £175 fully comp, 61 with 3 yrs ncd, 3 points.

Stuart

15. Wow....leaves you with plenty of beer money!:beer:
    3 things against me that is making my insurance the same price as high octane:
    * Located in East London :eek:
    * Using a lock up garage away from my house. o_O
    * 6 points :imp:

Plus wasn't able to even get a quote from a raft of other insurers...so very much a case of "beggars can't be choosers".

16. Hi guys , are Diavel very expensive to insure , I'm 60 & emigrating from South Africa to Swansea .

17. Speak with bemoto insurance, I'm pretty sure they recognise overseas no claim bonus

18. Thanks , as we don't have a points system here , just good old bribery

19. “I’m feeling hungry” was the norm said to me in Josie.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information