1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did Ducati Do An St4 Sp?

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by ibgarrow, May 4, 2018.

1. No, it's a dodgy advert - the heading is ST4S which it is, the rest of the ad appears to be trying to mislead people into thinking it's something special when it isn't - ST4SP is a normal quality structural carbon steel btw, not a Ducati :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I don't get dealers. They claim that it is 'Fast' and 'Rare'. Do they think that it will appeal to teenagers who get excited because it is 'Fast'? Presumably, they think that the hard luggage will add to the appeal by making it look 'Faster'. I am not a dealer and so I don't know, but I would think that the appeal (if any is left after they have spouted all of their b*ll*cks) would be to somebody that wants a tourer. Speed is not an issue. The buyer wants a reliable bike with a good tank range and nice handling. The serious buyer will have done their research and know what they are looking at. But I am wrong - they will turn their baseball hat round whilst they peer through the window. After a while, they will summon up the courage to come inside and the first question will be,"What will it do, Mister?"

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thanks @Exige As I said, I couldn't find anything on Falloon, and thought it just looked like an ST4S with an SP decal.
    As @PerryL says, you'd think that anyone in the market for an "exotic" like that's supposed to be would have done the research, and be dubious.

5. Probably no different to most of these RS and race bikes advertised. Bits added to give it a spec level but not really anything much at all in regards of value over a standard one. If anything, less.

6. Looked at ad, doesn’t even look an S

7. I know of at least one 1198 motor'd ST3 and a Multistrada twin spark motor'd ST4.
    Known as an ST4 SP and ST4RS respectively!

Come on Guys, jump on the Facebook bandwagon and join the group (Ducati ST2/3/3S/4&4S UK Group) to see these lovelies!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information