1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did The 1100s Ever Come With Siemens Ecu?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Turbo, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Hi folks. I was thinking it was only the EVO models that every came with the updated Siemens ecu, but someone has told me that also the late 1100s had the Siemens, too. Please can someone with the knowledge chime in.
    Thanks, Matt

2. Not sure how as the engine is a diiferent (marginally) design...

3. That's what I was thinking, but I need it confirmed for sure. Can someone confirm 100%?

4. I think i can say 99% for sure....if you want ill ask chris at CJS unless youve got his mobile number (on his webpage) you can ask him yourself! :)

5. Hey Andy. If you can ask Chris, that would be great. Cheers

6. No Prob - ill text him now....probably wont get an answer tonight though...?

7. Surprise - just texted me back...no - hes not aware of any that are....

8. They are as below - the CCW 6.4 gallon fuel tank fitments are different for the two - this is Chris Kelly's info form his web site that I use in my adverts...

Ducati Hypermotard (2008-2012)

Were the 1100S's only 2010 onwards?

(2008-2009) have the Magneti Marelli ECU

(2010-2012) models have the Siemens ECU * if 2010 double check ECU number on bike. Transitional year means you may have one or the other.

9. theyre you go - i stand corrected.

10. Not if the S model only came out in 2010 :thinkingface:

11. must confess i thought the magnetti was the siemens ecu...its been a long time since i had an s...

12. I can send you a written confession if you want stating i was wrong :)

13. I'm saying he asked about the S, and it might have been new in 2010, did they do S models before 2010.
    i.e. I am saying you are possibly correct, but please bank the certificate for future use :bucktooth: but then if the S did come out in 2010 then non would have MM ecu's (S's that is)
    Confused you will be :eyes:

14. Must confess i though there was the 2....my S had the long rectangular with the 2 connectors and the evo (and my sp) had the more square ones...

15. 1100 Evo and Evo SP were 2010 onwards with Siemens
    1100 and 1100S were only 2008 and 2009 wit MM fitments - none were Siemens :):upyeah:

16. Im seeing it in shapes....the rectuangular - old...the square... new :)

17. My 2009 1100 S has the Magneti Marelli ECU.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information