1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Did The Do A Xerox 999s?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Dr.D, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Did Ducati release a Xerox Troy Bayliss 999S, or were they resprayed?

2. No, only the 999R

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Think they were the last of the 999r bikes in Xerox colours .

4. They made them in 2005 to the start of 2006, last one's were 06' red ones...

5. Did a nice black one too...

6. Gloss Black :thinkingface:

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  7. I think they did more of them than the plain red IIRC.

8. What is Italian for gloss?

9. glosso. Probably.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. So the boys in the Bologna factory would call it "nero glosso", or something like that. Assuming the boys speak Italian.

Cool. Thanks.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. It looks nice enough but I am pretty sure Bayliss rode solo. There are plenty of monopostos around in this price bracket so you would be basically buying a biposto with a fancy aftermarket paint job!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hi JoeC, its a genuine later monoposto S as I HPI checked it etc, as later 05 onwards S are pretty tricky to come by, I can't find another one. Is it a biposto seat / monopsoto unit conversion which is why it is confusing me as it? As it doesn't seem one piece.

13. But the 999R xerox had a similar seat unit.....

14. Just looking at it again, its makes sense a biposto seat unit with cowl. But why when its a genuine monoposto S....

15. Biposto subframe, biposto tail, only monoposto had Dzus fasteners on the side fairings. Sooo...must be a biposto then.

16. It has a bip subframe too, could have been swapped but needs double checking - will cost a bit unless the part are with it. Can’t imagine someone doing the xerox paint/sticker kit on mono with a BIP seat unit...

17. Cheers for your help. Yep weird, HPI / logbook states Ducati 999 S Mono. Its a lot to spend with a hunch, going to give it a miss

18. #A chassis check with your local ducati dealer is required on this one,but is it not a bike with stickers on:thinkingface:a copy of a copy.

19. The colour scheme you're really looking for was factory, it's known as "giallo".

04AD2CA7-0D33-4043-9ABE-0440AECF8AF4.jpg

You're welcome :)

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information