1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did You Applaud At 8?

Discussion in 'Speakers Corner' started by Sam1199, Mar 26, 2020.

1. We did and every household in the street was at their front doors. I could also hear the street opposite too.

Caused a great feeling in our street and I hope the front line workers could hear it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I think the whole town did here in Bakewell, made you feel proud even though there's no hospital for miles.

• Like Like x 5
  3. I went outside at 8pm to put something in the bin and got a round of applause from the neighbours

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Didn’t know it was as a thing, where did you hear about it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. On the news, on the interweb.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes Sam. Our whole family. Two of our neighbours saw/heard and came out to join in. Then one over the road. Very disappointing turn out but I hope tomorrow is better. It’s not much but it all helps morale.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Heard a lot of cheering at 8pm in the street, now I know why!

8. Would rather we showed support by leaving some food on the shelves for them to eat after a 12 hour shift.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Some supermarkets are reserving areas with essentials for NHS staff. No admittance without NHS ID. A good thing.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Yes, we are a bit out of town but lots of noise up here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. My son works in a very well known supermarket and I can tell you they have put supplies aside for NHS Emergency Police etc in the storeroom . It’s often the same Essential Emergency staff entering the shop so they are known to staff , they are given supplies straight from the storeroom.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Just about everywhere

13. Same, all were out the houses

• Like Like x 1
  14. Howling at the moon was optional.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. I’m in a small cul de sac (now there’s a strange word) anyhoo me and the Mrs went out a gave a good minute of rapturous applause, hero’s every last one of em x

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. We're in a quiet village but heard others clapping, whistling and even a couple of fireworks.
    They have a massive challenge and I'd be scared to be doing their job.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. it was hilarious, i stood under the only lamp post in our sleepy village clapping and cheering, each time I stopped I could hear distant claps in differing directions, stopping and starting. Bloody legends NHS for what they are doing. I would fall to pieces and I dont mind telling you.

• Like Like x 5
  18. It's French for Dead End, not so strange now is it :yum

Everyone out down my street as far as I could see :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. even the rat was smashing feck out of the bird house, while we applauded!

20. My street did and me too :)

• Like Like x 5

Do Not Sell My Personal Information