1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diesel

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, Mar 13, 2018.

1. As the weather has turned a little, I started using my scooter :motorcycleduc: to commute to work on again from yesterday. Off to work this morning and I'm going round a roundabout (quite gingerly as it's damp) and the bike suddenly kicks out, 1st from the rear, then the front starts to slide. I manage to get it upright but I'm heading towards a barrier on the other side of the road. I get it back under control and I initially think I have a puncture (all of this must have happened in about 2 seconds). Then the tell tale smell of .....DIESEL. :mad: The thing is, I can't think of a fuel station within a mile of this spot. Why do HGV or bus drivers (there is a bus depot just along the road) feel the need to fill their tanks till it's over spilling? :punch:

'X' marks the spot. :mad:

upload_2018-3-13_7-59-2.png

On the plus side, I was quite impressed by my cat like reactions, especially at 5.30am. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Sounds like a good save. You’ll be the next Black Panther.

As for the origins of the spill? A lot of heavy vehicles have poor fuel cap management. Most get brimmed then overspill from overflow pipes. I presume they’re slapdash with the quantity as they’re generally not paying. I imagine if the wonga comes from your own pocket, your more careful not to waste any?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Diesel's a real peach. If there's sunlight you can get a visual warning from the rainbows in the road. I've occasionally smelled it before it was too late, too.

I once 180'd the car pulling out of a petrol station. My bike wouldn't have made it, no way. Diesel - I'll be glad when it's all gone : o )

4. Welldone you,these things are sent to test us all and great that you got your knee down so early in the Year;):upyeah:

5. You did well to save it. Esp on 10" wheels. I lost wifeys ex T5 in simlar fashion. One minute riding along minding my own business, the next I was wondering what the fuck I was doing on my ass. Cost me a new sidepanel, mudguard and ruined my deck shoes.

6. It was still dark Liz. If it had been daylight, I may have seen it. The thing is, the next bend to the right on the roundabout is a bit tighter and I've seen diesel there quite a bit, so I'm tuned into that corner. This was a 1st, plus I've used the car for 4 months, so it may have slipped my mind. o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ahem 12" :)

upload_2018-3-13_9-19-1.png

#7 Robarano, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Yeah, if I fold it in half maybe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. In my mind I was like this............
    upload_2018-3-13_9-0-31.png

In reality, I suspect I looked like this ..............:laughing:
    upload_2018-3-13_9-2-31.png

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Oh, I see. So not a 'proper' scooter then. Have you also got a fake Parka?

11. Ahhhhhhh, Parka. :thinkingface: I thought someone told me you had to wear a Burka. o_O No wonder I couldn't see anything. :worried:

upload_2018-3-13_9-22-47.png

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. When it get's dark next time buy yourself a set of these it just might help model-jet-pilot-wearing-night-vision-goggles-b5pk29.jpg :thinkingface:

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. She's a beast. :)

IMG_0730.JPG

14. Aha! I see. A plastic pig. Guy on right on T5 is on a proper scoot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 3
  15. You've kinda got a dark streak, haven't you weevilbarrow : o D

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Never judge a book by it's cover. :) I've had the stand scraping on that thing, many a time taking a leather clad bike rider :motorcycleduc: around the outside on a bend. :imp:

They pull away when they get it upright mind, but anybody can do that. :innocent:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I agree with Rob, I'll race anyone in that London on a Vespa. I will beat you unless your bike of choice is equally small and manouverable. Bring yer R1's and Pani's, H2's or Gixxers. The only better bike would be a traillie, like my old 300EXC. In traffic, a Vespa is a doddle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ah I’m just tugging on your skirt Robarano :bucktooth:

I’ve been beaten by scooters :pensive:

• Like Like x 1
  19. And stop passing bikes around the outside, showing off. Lad probably went and bought a scooter

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information