1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Differences Between 1260 And 1200

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by John W, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Hi all,
    I was reading a review of the 1260 in adventure bike rider last night.
    It says seat, pegs and bars are all lower, and suspension travel is reduced.
    I did try the 1260 in the dealers (not ridden it) and it felt no different to me.

I was wondering if the seat and handlebar risers are different as I can't see any parts diagrams for the 1260 enduro, the ducats website says no documents found.

Has anyone dropped their bar height and tried a lower seat ?

2. Well all I can say is I can't tell any difference between the 1200 and 1260 riding position, and I've never heard of the suspension difference either. I thought the only change in that respect was the slightly longer swingarm, which does make it more stable. Of course the engine is different altogether, in a very good way.

3. This is specifically the enduro.
    Swung by the BMW dealers today to see a mate who works there and had a sit on the new gs 1250 rallye. The seat is definitely lower than the enduro so will be checking out the low seat option now.

4. The bike is basically the same. Removed 1.5 cm of suspension travel and took of the 3cm handlebar risers that is why it feels lower. Plus they have removed a cm of rubber from the pegs to make the knee angle more comfortable. The rest of the changes are fine tuning the handling. Lighter wheels and swing arm but a heavier exhaust.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information