1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dilemma

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by KARL-ERIK, May 7, 2019.

1. Hello,
    I have been on the lookout for a Sport Classic 1000.
    And my dealer found one who is willing to sell his.

Its a black one from 2007 in a very good condition.
    15000 Kilometer = 9320.57 Miles.
    Has termignoni cans. One on each side and other then that stock.

Is there anything to look out for, known issues with this bike or modell year?

if I buy it, I get 18 month warranty.
    asking price is 10k Euro or 8 560 GBP.

I have have owned quite alot of bikes over the years in different categories, Harley Forty Eight 2010 when first came out with silver tank and spoked wheels but dragbars and the folding knife riding possition just killed my back. Also the fuel tank peanut size you have to fill it up every or every other day. Would have kept it if I could have afforded to and ride it ones in a while.

I also owned the big red pigg, Honda XR650R new model year 2000 with only kickstart. Regret selling that bike also today but had to for the same reason as with the Harley.

I guess most of us always regret and misses some bikes we ones owned.

Hade a Husky Fe450 Enduro model year 2016.

A Yamaha R6 1999. Have a Honde CB Sevenfifty today in mint condition from year 2000 my dad had.

And other then that have I rode quite alot of other bikes.

Last year I got my hands on the last new Suzuki GSXR600 in Sweden model year 2016 that actually is the same as the 2011 model year for you who didnt know and the last before Euro 4 regulations so no ABS braking system or lots of electronic aids. So pure racing and darn I must say, this bike is so well built and for a 600 supersport it actually have some good midrange.

I never realy was a Suzuki fan before but with this bike, The first few month I always said, there is nothing I woulden't want to change with this bike, except from maybe the headlight and that it wasent a Honda.
    Other then that nothing, even the stock exhaust with the Gixxer air intake makes it sounds realy cool stock.

To ride, its so stable, balanced and inspiring to ride. You feel as one very much so with this bike.
    Its actually also not only for a sportbike but overal for any bike realy comfortable to commute with. The riding possition with the handlebars are actually less lean forward then on the Ducati Sport Classic that I havent ridden yet but sat on.

So now I dont know what todo,
    I want to keep the Gixxer but then I cant afford the Ducati Sport Classic 1000 so I would have to trade it in.

I know for sure that if I trade it in, I will regret it and if I pass on this oportunity to get the Ducati I will regret that to and I also find it to be a very slim chance to ever have the oportunity to have first pick on one like this ever again.

Its almost more possible that Ducati comes out with a new version of this bike but will it then be air cooled?

I read somewhere that this model didnt sell very well at the time when it was new in 2005 so they where to early with this type of bike by about 10 years and that the market wasent ready for it but if it would have came out around 2015 it would have sold alot more bikes of this modell.

Should I make the deal and trade the gixxer for this Sport Classic? What do you say who own one or have owned one?

Is it a sunday bike to ride ones in a while or do you also commute with it? to use as a everyday bike? I imagine that it wount be as sharp as the Gsxr or as forgiven, handle that well but I dont expect it to. its another type of bike and probably has alot more character and the looks no question about that.

Thanks for reading so far, long post,
    feel free to put your input on this?

• Like Like x 2
  2. The Sport Classic sounds like a bargain.

You sound like you really shouldn't be parting with that Suzuki...

3. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Your right!
    I cant part with that suzuki and the Ducati was a bargain so I thought about comming up with some kind of compromize, thought long and hard but couldent realy.
    So I thought some more and I came up with an ide!*?

What if I keep the Suzuki and I buy the Ducati anyway?
    Aint that brilliant for an ide?
    So I did, Winning! and no Regrets!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Well done! that was truely inventive thinking, outside the box. Now you have the best of both worlds.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information