1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Has Been Averted!!! (hopefully!!)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by chizel, Mar 24, 2019.

1. took my 749 out for a blast this morning.. was running fantastic.
    about an hour in, after some spirited riding, it started miss fire at 7.5k just now and then, then every time it hit 7.5k I was heading home anyway.
    then it started to do it at 5.5 k as well and I could smell oil... smelt a lil oil earlier and when I stopped for a ciggy there was a lil on the left hand engine case just below the vertical barrel..
    but now it was quite stinky so I stopped in a services and fuck me!!! oil everywhere!!! the catch tray must have 250ml in it!!!!
    have taken the fairing off but cant see where it is coming from... somewhere up the top...
    with donnington just over a week away I don't know what to do...

• Love You Love You x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  2. Bollocks chiz that’s not sounding good,
    Sorry I can’t offer any advice.

3. Right.

Make a cup of tea and have a ciggie. Breathe.
    Clean the oil off.
    Top her up with oil
    Start her up and see if you can spot where she is weeping.
    Check if any of the cylinder head nuts are a bit loose.
    That's what I'd do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. not good at all.... will call the mechanic in the morning but I cant really tack the time off work to get it to him, assuming he can fix it before the track day..

5. Sorry to hear that.
    No time to take a quick look today, just to try to see where the leak is?
    Hope it’s not too serious.
    How low did the oil get?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sorry chizlet, you are not deserving of this : o (

• Love You Love You x 1
  7. Cattle trucked..... my final offer is £1200... plus (worldwide currency of corruption)
    [​IMG]

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. !!!!!!!!!! done just what you said and wouldn't you know it I can see the leak!!!!! bloody mechanic had obviously not tightened up the bolts on the left hand engine casing!!!!! with it wiped down and running I could see it fizzing out the joint!!!!
    now its a matter of the miss fire... could it be all that oil has cot in a connector or something? im about to hit halfords for some degreaser and contact cleaner...
    will top up oil and go for a blast!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 4
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  9. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Goat, I hope that's it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. On the plus side, you noticed it before spat oil all over the tyre and had you off the bike :upyeah:

Everything else is nuts and bolts

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. On the basis of this statement and good faith.... I'll up my offer to 300 Jaffa Cakes?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Fingers crossed......
    That's the benefit of race bodywork.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. You're level of disaster needs to be amended. This is called a breakdown in my mind. It could however be a disaster if the bike engine seized & threw you off into a hedge-row. Do a maori haka dance ffs'

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Two and a half hours later and nothing, send a search party out. :eyes:;)
    Steve

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I'm thinking he's having far to fun a time to be posting on here :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. true that... the catch tray did a fine job.. I could have reused that oil!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Oi! Aren't you meant to be out having fun?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. well, I done as I said and gave it a jolly good clean and a 30 min blast and all is back to peachy!!!
    no miss firing. not 100% certain that the oil every where was the cause... could be something that happens when its run for a bit longer? hope not... it was up to the same temp as earlier today... glad it was a cool day tbh coz that bike runs real hot in summer and low oil wouldn't be of any help...

• Like Like x 3
  20. im nackered !!! hard work in those leathers... my hips a knees are killing me now.. not helped by working on the bike.... vino time!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information