1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc Locks - Are They Worth It ?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by vee--man, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Does anyone on here use one and are they worth the money ?

I've seen a couple made by Oxford which have a built in "alarm" ....and some other by Abus....

Oxford Boss Alarm 16mm disk lock

I plan on taking my Diavel to the odd trip to the shops etc and obviously want some piece of mind while I leave it unattended.

What do other people do ? fit alarms, or carry chains around with them ?

Thoughts please peeps !

Thanks
    Steve

2. nope,use the car

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. If you wish to prevent the bike being lifted into a van while in a shop only a good chain will deter I think... if there is room to tuck one away under the seat or somewhere, otherwise it's a pain due to the bulk...

• Like Like x 1
  4. As above, would not risk it, lowlife are everywhere but in concentrated numbers around shops. I would not leave my pushbike at the shops. :Grumpy:

5. Ever had a bike stolen? I have, my cousin also recently had his R6 lifted from his garage. For me now, a tracker is expensive but the only way. Tracker plus chained to an immovable object. I have a locked garage and ground anchor. Camera's on the house/garage too.

Had to have a year off bikes following my theft. Never again

• Like Like x 1
  6. Me too, 350lc from Matlock, gutted. Still miss that bike. Try not to leave my bike out of site now and if I do I never feel at ease until I can eyeball it again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Relax, it's a Diavel, nobody would want to steel it. :).

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 2
  8. As a visible deterrent disc locks are a good idea. Just remember it's on there before you pull away...

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. It's enough to stop someone breaking the steering lock and pushing it away.

Just make sure you park it next to something more desirable* and less secure.

* Shouldn't be difficult with a Diavel. ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Something very attractive but not very secure... My missus? Haha

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Just look at my post earlier and the way I have spelled sight, what a tosser, I do apologise if it offended anyone, back to school for me!:Shamefullyembarrased:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. No problem, look at how Drinky spelt steal

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lol, hard as iron.:Banghead:

14. image.jpg
    Park it next to one of these.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. Got to love IPad autoIknowwhatyouwantmorethanyoudo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Aiiiieeee!

Mind, maybe they're on to something: you wouldn't be able to use the old "scaffolding poles through the wheels" trick to lift it into a van.

17. It sounds a bit silly but I think one of the best security items if you really do have to leave the bike on a street is a good cover. Scumbags can lift a bike easily enough with any security device but a cover makes it enough of a ball ache that they can't do it quickly.

18. I keep flattening the battery on my disc lock when the button gets accidently pressed in my bag.

19. My KTM 990 SMR was lifted with the cover still on it. Took them no time at all and made no difference.

I hate leaving my bikes anywhere but the tracker gives me that bit of safety. Having had the bike recovered and forgotten to turn off the tracker, I know they are very quick to call you and ask if it's you moving the bike. Had I said no, they would have started tracking it with the police involved.

20. Fair enough, sorry to hear that.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information