1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discrimination

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Lucan, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Just called at local Morrisons for petrol on the Hyperstrada... Insert nozzle into tank nothing happens then a loud voice over the tannoy shouts at me remove helmet before before using pump...Now I know it's company policy for attendants to enforce this rule because of scrotes riding off without paying, but the bike is worth as much as any car on the forecourt I'm in full riding gear and the number plate is on their CCTV...
    But here's the thing ....if I was wearing a burka would they insist I remove that.????

ps rode a mile down the road to another garage ...no problem...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. You terrorist :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. don't they call that positive discrimination? I've been asked to take off my helmet before but refused to remove my balaclava for 'religious reasons' they didn't know what to say

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Wear a burka over your helmet next time :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. discrimination
    dɪˌskrɪmɪˈneɪʃ(ə)n/
    noun
    1. 1.
      the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
      "victims of racial discrimination"
      synonyms: prejudice, bias, bigotry, intolerance, narrow-mindedness, unfairness, inequity, favouritism, one-sidedness, partisanship; More
    2. 2.
      recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.
      "discrimination between right and wrong"
    It may be just me but isn't the use of a single word to describe two very different ideas - one generally held to be a desirable trait, and the other generally considered undesirable - part of what is wrong with language and discourse these days?

Ah well. If a garage wants you to take off your helmet, try and find one a little less paranoid and jobsworthlike.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Morrisons: riddled with Ethanol anyhoo :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. That geezers trainees don't even have faces :scream:

4F03271E00000578-6050159-image-a-58_1533988807491.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Where’s the pic of the alleged woman filling up surely if he was that outraged he would have taken a photo to back up his story

9. Eh? You need to pay for petrol? You sure

• Useful Useful x 2
  10. It's on the Ducati Forum, it must be true :eyes: (no more Hypers remember) :thinkingface:

11. We don't :p:D

12. It’s not a law to take off your helmet it’s a polite request
    The law side of it comes with Think 25 as we look to check that your of the correct age to fill up if not we can refuse
    Now I’m sure you look old enough but perhaps the assistant was training or just covering a break

We also cannot authorise a pump till you have the nozzle in the tank

I cannot comment on a woman in a burka as we don’t see any here.

I’m training at the mo and I questioned a couple of people filling up age wise but they were passengers rather than the driver and as we know you have to be a certain age to drive.

13. Same thing happened to me and I wear an open face helmet!!!
    Mine was in ASDA. I also left without filling up.

14. Yeah - no one ever told me. I've always pulled up , filled up and ridden off! Is it my fault the burka women are now revolting? Strange really - I've often thought some of them might look pretty cute if only the letterbox thingy was bigger... Not the BIG ones, they are obviously robbers in girly disguise.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Hypers? They're the old black!

16. In Bologna, they call them nero.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Tim doesn't :thinkingface:

18. Is Tim from Bologna?

Take your time ...

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. No but he calls gloss Black 999's Nero :thinkingface: it's very strange :worried:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information