1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disgusted

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Birdie, Apr 15, 2012.

1. As title, absolutely disgusted with the Tottenham and Chelsea fans that couldn't observe a minute silence for the 96.

• Like Like x 1
  2. At least Chelsea have officially apologised for their fan's behaviour, but in all honesty what does anyone expect? For the fans to behave with decency when the players cheat at every potential opportunity? This is not the edwardian era of stiff upper lips and gentlemanly behaviour etc!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's a shame the FA haven't got the bottle to make a stand and BAN their fans from the final.

It might spoil the atmosphere but I rather that, than the animals responsible carry on like that.

4. Equally disgusted by the ref. - it was so obviously not a goal one wonders if he's on the Chelsea payroll. Any potential Specsavers customer could've called it right. :mad:

5. Equally?
    Surely one is a deliberate act by idiots out to wreck and act of honesty and the other is a typical group of fans not adhering to a minutes silence! Sorry to make light of a very sad occasion.

6. Maybe because apart from da scousers (Who cant seem to let them RIP) no one else gives a fook about Hillsborough.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Football is run by idiots. The FA's, UEFA's & clubs' handling of things such as the Suazrez/Evra/handshake racism furore, constant racist abuse of players, teams being fined more for arriving late on the pitch than their fans being punished for moronic chants, reds cards not given for potential career ending tackles etc, all this doesn't surprise. Clubs aren't being punished enough by the governing bodies. I haven't seen anything good in football in quite a few years other than the Muamba incident and how everybody showed their support for the lad.

8. I'm not a scouser, but basic humanity means I'd pay my respects, the same as when I hear of any biker being killed as we are surely to have amongst our number in the next few months.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The FA does sweet FA that's why it has them initials...

10. I'm not a scouser either but the fact that I'm a human being means I too, actually do give a f*ck about the tragic loss of life and my thoughts go out the the family and friends of the fans who's lives have also been affected.

11. A minutes silence is not too much to ask for 96 fellow football supporters. However, how many times do you give that minutes silence for?
    Liverpool may wish to continue for ever more showing this type of gesture of respect since they were Liverpool fans, but asking non associated fans to do so more than once is strange.

It seems almost every game starts with a minutes slience or applause. This has/will effect the impact of having it and give moronic people with less tolerance an opportunity.
    This year I have seen respects given for remote associates of a team (like the teams manager from 30 years ago who die) to a child who supported the team who died (not at the ground).
    There was even a minutes applause for Muwamba a week after his incident. Why? He was alive and improving. I appreciate it was emotional, but it lessens the times real respect is required.

12. Dont get me wrong any loss of life is very sad and maybe I came accross wrong in my post. But what does piss me off is that fact that they just wont stop banging on about Justice, demading enquires left right and centre. Demading to know what Maggie said to who ever etc etc etc. Just let them rest in peace and have some dignity. Accept the fact wrong decissions were made and accept the fact that hoads of fans did turn up without tickets that really should not have even made the journey. Nit picking and constantly regurgitating is not going to bring back the ones who died. What do they propose to gain? FFS let them actually rest in peace

• Like Like x 2
  13. I agree, the important outcome of those lost lives were implimented to prevent it happening again (e.g. all seater stadiums, removal of barriers to the pitch etc).
    They did not die in vein. I seems some people just can't let go. I feel sorry for them that THEY cannot move on in their lives, but let other people move on.

14. All i can say is F@ck football , i come on here to talk about bikes . not an overpaid buisness ,as it is not a sport and has not been for a very long time , footballers are no better than bankers

• Like Like x 1

15. Never a truer word written

grown men crying when a team loses..............wankers

• Like Like x 3
  16. If that's your view, stick to the bike forum and keep out of the lounge.

17. Football as a whole is just a disgrace, it's a field filled with muppets paid by the general public to do nothing more than kick a inflated leather ball.

Hate and despise football, simply because what it has become.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Birdie, not belittling the tragedy at Hillsborough in any way, but you're likely to find that the majority of the population look upon Hillsborough and the Titanic tragedies in the same way - something that was sad, but happend a long time ago. Not relevant to their life.

Telling someone to keep off a section of the site because they don't share your view doesn't win your argument.

If you personally lost a member of your family at Hillsborough or were in the stadium at the time, I'm sure I wouldn't be alone in offering my condolences.

19. I don't think Birdies point and certainly mine is not aimed at the game of football or the deamon it has became, but more to the attitude of some sections of the so called fans.

Will we as fans of the motorcycling world, object to the mark of respect that will no doubt take place in Malaysia later this year? Do we move on and forget the tragic circumstances of that afternoon....no I think not.....will the fans of whichever brand we ride and support, allow it to show a total disrespect for a loss of life that day.....no I think not.

Should we move on and let the lives of those who have died in conflict be forgotten.....do we cancel remembrance Sunday, just because a lot of it was along time ago? No I think not.

A mere minute of respect for the victims and their families is not a lot to ask, whatever the circumstances, however many times, is not a lot to ask.

Ask yourself...Would you like me to piss on the memory of something dear to you, just because it means nothing to me.....I think not.

Sorry to anyone who my view's may offend, but it's not about football, it's about us.

20. Its not about forgetting the dead no matter what the circumstance. But for me this whole Hillsborough thing has taken it from a sad day in History where lessions have been learnt into a witch hunt and something that wont be left to rest in peace. Having enqiries then followed by more enqiries followed by debates in Parlament followed by Judgements etc etc etc. Have some dignaty for those that actually died.
    Nothing is to be gained by the great Justice fight.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information