1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disposable Foot Pegs

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Cream_Revenge, Sep 23, 2017.

1. What a good idea.
    IMAG1775.jpg

2. Is that to allow the tip to shear off if the bike is leant over too much, to prevent lifting the rear from peg scraping?

Where's the rider??

3. Easy to do with your angle grinder CR.
    Steve

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Doing the Rossi dangle. It is D Petrucci in yesterdays FP.

I assume it's to bend/give so the rear set doesn't snap so easy.

5. That's Petrux's bike, but where is he ?? :thinkingface:

6. So they can jump back on after a crash and still have a peg if the bike simply slides out. Nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yes, I think the theory probably is "something will snap at the weak spot" so they have I introduced an intended weaker spot.
    Maybe, just guessing.

8. This isn’t new. Your levers will have it and race pegs have been around like that since I started buying them 10 years ago

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Fair enough. I've never seen/noticed them before. I'd have thought them much more popular.

10. I've got a great idea, it's a wonder no one has thought of it before. Why not have ones that can pivot, with a spring, so that they can fold should they make contact with the deck and spring back ? :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Then something else will hit the deck and get damaged, probably something more important and more expensive than a peg.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. That's what crash bars are for Peter, surely ?

13. Have a look near the ends of your clutch and brake levers...

14. and that's exactly why many peeps fit the fixed pegs and just deal with the replacement costs

15. So you are saying that Petrucci's Octo Pramac Ducati has crash bars; I'm afraid I have never noticed them. Do you have a picture?

16. *smug grin*

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. So.......have we just gone full circle on this?

18. Don't many race teams have under fairing crash bungs? ie Forget the fairing, protect the frame and engine..??

19. Crash bungs? I need a Zorb ball

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information