1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Diy Tail Tidy

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Carbon749, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Hi,
    I know that the evotech tail tidy looks OK, but, I tend to like making my own if possible.

Has anyone made their own tail tidy for a Diavel? if so, do you have any pics etc?

I know that the OEM number plate mount is also a splash guard, but, I never ride in the wet, so this will not be a problem.

Looking to clean the back end up, and show off that biggggg back tyre.

#1 Carbon749, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  2. I've done it. I'll take some pics tomorrow, but I got an Evotech s/h off ebay (Yamaha R1 I think), cleaned up the brackets so I could tap the grab rail where the reflector mounts. Had it anodised & it looks great. Put some slack in the wiring so the grab rail slider still functions.

3. Similar idea to myself, albeit, I was going to make the bracket part myself. Removing the reflector and tapping or drilling through the grab rail seemed the obvious way.

Any pic's will be greatly appreciated.

4. Here are the promised pics - excuse the dirt!
    I used the Evotech donor as it had 75% of what I wanted, & I could just saw off & clean up the extraneous parts. I had it re-anodised once complete & I think it looks pretty 'factory'. MOT nazis will notice the lack of reflector - I'll probable stick something on once the time comes.

Diavel-tidy-1.png

Diavel-tidy-2.png
    Diavel-tidy-3.png
    HTH

#4 mr noisy, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  5. Nice work. Get a 4 inch long reflector off eBay. Bend a piece of Ali so it faces rearward properly and bond it to the bottom of the number plate. If you haven't got anything that will stick to the plastic plate use Halfords number plate stickers. :grinning:

6. IMG_1837.PNG

Not a great pic but gives you the idea.

7. Looks good, thats the kind of thing i was planning.

My plan is to use a temporary fixing for the reflector, then take it off between MOT'S

What size plate have you gone with?

8. Mines a 7x5.5. The border line looks better than without, & hopefully the size won't be a problem. I might put a tiny reflector on the end of the light, or even way back on the frame under the seat. (would that be legal?)

9. To be honest, my current bike has a reflector fitted for 1 day a year, for the MOT. not had a reflector on it for 10 years. I'm not going to worry too much about the reflector.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information