1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Life Saver?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Apr 22, 2020.

1. When walking. Something I do and only really noticed today, before I change direction or move from my direct line on a path, I have a small glance behind when I have earphones in, just to check a pushbike or faster walker isn’t going to run into me.

Anyone else do that?

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. Yes, old bloody habits die hard

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yes haha

all the time !

most people in supermarkets could learn a thing or two, not exactly coordinated are they

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Haha maybe it’s a biker thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Normally I do.

I doubly do so now, seeing as how the lockdown has brought every inconsiderate jogger and cyclist to our pavements.

6. A simple yes would do.
    YES.
    Steve

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Agreed. OP should have made this a yes or no poll with no option to post comments.

Good thinking, Steve. I'm glad smacking yourself in the face is not affecting your cognitive abilities!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. And in the car

I wish pedestrians would just look when crossing a road let alone be actively aware of what’s going on !!

9. yes & as a (nervous) passenger in cars also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yes, all the time. :upyeah:

11. Yes, with or without earphones - green cross code rules ok :)

12. Yes and no because i walk so damn fast,there's not a lot of competition around.

#14 XH558, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Very rare on the bike, but more in car and road crossing etc , can never hear those electric , apparently health conscious cars coming.

14. Sounds a popular thing. So why is it, whenever I am walking a bit quick EE than those sprung me, everyone just changes direction without thought of anyone bumping into them?!

15. People are a lot stupider that they used to be, when I was young. There are several proofs of this and several reasons for it being the case.

Some Causes:
    One reason - we are creating a society where the need to be intelligent is becoming redundant. Another reason - Government policy.

Some Proofs:
    One - Have you met people, recently? Two - Public schools and universities provide ample evidence.

16. Yep. Definitely a biker thing. They should make it compulsory in supermarkets ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Being a motorcyclist, sorry, doing a life saver was one of the reasons given by my examiner for failing my first car driving test. Andy

18. I got one mark against me on my test ! Be careful son your too observant ! To this day it baffles me how can you be too observant on a motorcycle o_O

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information