1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgy Dealer Dilemma

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by AlfG, Jul 9, 2014.

1. I'm being torn in two directions on this one..............

I have found my dream bike, not just any old bike, but a very special, probably one-of-a-kind or at least very rare bike. I have put a deposit on this bike though I have yet to pay the balance and sign the paperwork.

From the start I was given very sketchy information about the bike, the salesman has never been very forthcoming and pretty unresponsive to requests for information. I was given a story about the history of the bike which seemed a bit odd but I thought ok.

I have now found out the real history of the bike, which the salesman clearly knew.

I have been told a whole pack of fibs, but I cant understand the reason. The real history of the bike is nothing to be shy about as its fine and wouldn't have effected my decision to purchase it one jot.

I really want the bike but my morals are telling me to walk, or re-negotiate.

I have already paid a deposit but I'm sure I would get this back as I can prove many discrepancies in the advert to what they are actually selling.

I don't want to give too much information or be naming anybody, just yet.

Any thoughts??

2. Use that info to leverage your position.

3. why lie in the first place, unless trying to over value the bike.

4. Why lie? Desperate to sell.

Walk away or large chunk of dosh off

5. Have you viewed the bike, if not is it coming from a collector and they are holding back info as they don't know them self?

6. No I haven't seen the bike, only photos. It is, what I thought was, a reputable Ducati dealer.

I think they were holding back info as they didn't want me to find out the truth. But why I don't know other than perhaps what has been suggested.

7. The best advice would be go and look and if not happy get a refund.

8. +1 on that ^ then flame the b'tards all over the internet ;)

9. as above. a new bike should be an exciting thing. because there is that nagging doubt in your head now, maybe you'll never be happy with it!

10. If it would not of effected your decision in the first place why are you worrying? This post is a bit of an oxymoron don't you think?

11. I am of the opinion that if there is ANY doubt what so ever that something isn't legit... Walk away.

It's always too much money and too much agro to risk trouble after the cash is handed over.

There are other, better bikes. There's always a better bike.

12. WP_000684.jpg

There are other, better bikes. There's always a better bike.[/QUOTE]

Errrr..... no..... I have the best one

• Like Like x 1
  13. Not really, my point is that I "wouldn't" have been bothered if I had been told the truth, but now I know I have been told lies, I am bothered.

My decision to purchase the bike was based on what I was told at that time which I now know isn't true.

I still want the bike as much as I did but feel I am being made a fool of for some reason.

14. tell them to fk off , to many people taking the piss at the moment take your hard earned cash elsewhere

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Errrr..... no..... I have the best one[/QUOTE]

I need that bike. Will you sell it to me??

16. I don't think for one second the bike isn't legit, especially given what I have found, it's just difficult for me to understand why a guy in his position at the dealership in which he works, would tell such a wild story when he knows I will find out the truth.

The hard bit is the walking......

17. Odd. Have you considered asking him straight about it? No beating around the bush, just tell what you know and watch his reaction. That will probably tell you all you need to know. Denial, admission, back pedal, confusion. All different reactions that will lead to different responses from you!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Did you confront him with his in-discrepancies - if so what did he say - if not how do you know he knows?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. It's nearly a 400 mile round trip, but I think you are right and it will have to be made to decide on what to do.

20. Where is the dealer - is it a Main Dealer? Get someone on here to do it for you?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information