1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgy Ducatis On Ebay

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by cookster, Nov 17, 2018.

1. hi guys looks like there are some very dodgy bikes on ebay at the moment, not just ducatis but all makes, there all on there for £3000 , i noticed a few bikes that have been advertized before have cropped up,just be aware guys.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yep,
    scam artists.....
    They do the same with Plant, expensive cars etc.

£30K item for £8-10K, transfer a deposit of £1K to secure...... then never see them again......
    If it looks too good to be true, then it is...... if it's a real Ducati deal, you'll find Elsie is there and ripped the guys arm off at the ankle before you've checked yer wallet.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Not a bike but nearly got sucked into a scam on a motorhome there's a forum about ebay scams involving all types of vehicles the worrying thing is eBay know what's going on and who these fraudsters are and do nothing about it

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Do you have a link to the forum?

5. I saw an RG, starting at £3k, then saw all his other items forsale all also £3k.

Everything is owned by his father and you have to contact him via email...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Just type into goggle eBay scams

7. There are bound to be scammers. There are scammers in every area of business, so I don't expect eBay to be any different. I didn;t buy the RG and might have missed a great deal, but checking the listing now reveals its been taken down.

I always pay via PayPal, comunicate via e\bay messages, and when selling use recorded & tracked delivery. As a result I might pay more than excluding eBay( by making a side deal) but I also don't get ripped off. I've bought hundreds of items and had three problems, all of which were refunded by eBay within a week.

Has anyone here been ripped off on eBay, when paying with PayPal, and following the rules? I mean specifically problems that were not resolved by eBay?

#7 Jez900ie, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  8. I've been done over by dodgy buyers, but since Ebay change the rules on feedback you cannot weed them out.
    As a seller you can't leave bad feed back and these scum know it.
    Really expensive to sell via ebay, compared to when I first started.

9. Did you report the dodgy scumbag and what response did you get?

It certainly has got more expensive to use eBay, but it does work. Ten percent to them, is still ninety percent to me instead of unwanted stuff in the house.

10. Yes and each time they side with the buyer, quoting the paypal rules.
    E.g.
    Returned item has been swapped.
    Returned item missing parts, accessories or in different packaging.
    Returned item isn't what I sent.

They are pros at this scam game.

11. i don't know if it would help with eBay but after selling my panniers recently .I got our lass to video me putting them into the packaging and sealing them up fully before sending them .So i could prove what was being sent and that there was no damage to them when packed .I also figured it might help if the courier got involved in a claim.

12. So sellers seem to be much more exposed than buyers...

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Looks to be back this afternoon. Buy only today @ £5,400 :rolleyes:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264047167544?ul_noapp=true

Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 12.27.56.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 12.28.02.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. He also has loads of other £3k bargains. : unamused:

Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 12.30.04.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. To me the phrase on the Suzuki advert is a bit of a tell
    "Thank you for understanding"

16. There's a Suzuki gt750 on eBay for a low amount it's supposedly his father's he also has a ford Mustang very cheap also his father's
    This guy farther must have a large fleet of vehicles he's always selling something

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just tried to look out of interest. The Thruxton ones list but when you click on them eBay sems to step in and stop it going any further.

18. They take them down pretty quickly. I reported 3 or 4 of the items earlier.

19. To be fair to PayPal, I found them quite helpful and they did refund me last time I was messed about by a far east seller pretending to be a UK one. I think that eBay are better now as their reputation is so shit. I think that they do try but it is not easy when you have to make it reasonably easy to buy and sell. Unfortunately, there are always c*nIs who want to steal.

I think that unless your really know who you are dealing with then it is best to stay within the rules and don't try to use eBay without PayPal and the eBay fees for sellers.

The Amazon market place is the one to avoid. I have had issues with Amazon in the past when they deny that it is anything to do with hem and between me and the seller. I offered to take them on in Court (pretty sure that I would win) but surprise, surprise, they back down.

I think that I have read that Amazon hav had run ins with consumer organisations about their market place. To be honest, I am more comfortable on eBay than Amazon.

#19 PerryL, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information