1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Anyone Run Helibars On 848/1098/1198?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Phill748, Jul 9, 2014.

1. There are others available. I know Steve @Conquest Carbon sells some CNC clips ons that raise the hands slightly. They may help

2. Thanks matt, I'll check them out as well.

3. PM sent

4. My buddy rdryder has them on his 1098s, he's old...:pompus: He reckons they're savage.

i will get hiim to throw up a post..:upyeah:

5. I have bar risers on all my bikes due to my height, they all have a 25 mm rise on them and they make a big difference, it makes the bike a lot more comfortable to ride. Mine are all made by Fast by Ferracci and are different finishes.

6. fair enough, Conquest have as always been very helpful but I want something that I 'Know' will bolt straight on including all pre-drilled holes etc, the Helibars are really expensive though.

The other reason why I am stuttering is because I like that the Helibars bring the mounting of the bar in line with the fork leg because I think at that point they will be under a higher piece of the screen fairing. It's a bit silly really, I am 6ft and yet I always seem to have my arms nearly locked out when riding... if your mate (RdRyder) has them and can throw some pictures up I would appreciate it, otherwise I can PM or whatever

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. me, i have them on my 1198s corse se and before that, the same pair, on an older 1098s. yes there will be cheaper options, but these are machined precisely for the model and i would recommend them. however, the bar and the clamp around the fork are machined as one monolithic component, so if you drop/crash the bike then the bar may snap ending the life of the entire bar and clamp. this has not happened to me and will be a more expensive replacement than the much cheaper bar only version that other manufacturers make. the rise over stock is about 25 mm.

9. Thanks for that, really appreciate the view. Tbh I agree that if I dropped the bike I would have to go back to the old bars. Are the clearances okay for things like the brake resevoir or do u need to make new brackets? My thinking is it brings it all closer to the rider so towards the higher part of the fairing?

10. look don't worry about possibly dropping the bike...............and going back to the originals. just buy them man! they are well designed and do not involve lengthening cables etc etc, i think. no clearance problems.......which you will get with other makes of riser types. the manufacturer clearly had the bike in their workshop and worked all this out for you.........which is why they are a bit pricey.................but your wrists and neck will be comfortable. i also have helibars on my 998s and they have been installed on it for about 8 years, no issues.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I went with the speedy moto top yoke and clipons, essentially for a more comfortable riding position on roads.
    They come with brackets for the resevoirs but had trouble with clearance with the brake resevoir and ended up making one. I squeezed out every mm of clearance and its a noticeable gain on comfort. I can sit on the bike now for hours with no bother.
    Spending more time on track now so might revert back to stock set up :cool:

HELP NEEDED !!! FITTING SPEEDYMOTO TOP CLAMP 1098s | Page 2 | Ducati Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks guys, I'll get some ordered up after payday (probably Helibars tbh) and adds them to the list of things to do over winter.

13. Just fitted helibars to my 2009 848.
    All fitted ok but had to alter lock stops to stop bars hitting tank/ fairing.
    Have others had to do this?
    Cheers russell

14. I have a pair of 848/1098 Tracstar bars if anyone wants them?

£60.00

PM me for further info.

15. If they're mint, I'll have them!

16. Yes mate. It's normal. Looks like most of us have had to adjust them.

17. Sorry to dig up an old thread (at least I used the search function I guess). I have another 848 now and am again thinking of buying some Helibars (albeit I have a little more cash these days). Is there anyone out there who has some really good pictures of them fitted to their 1098/848 so I can see them. I have had a 899 since my last 848 and did like the big wide flat bars on that, but prefer the tank shape on the 848 so if I could get a little less stretch in my arms I think I would have a really ace riding position.

18. Evening pal, I've got them on my 848, it came with them so can't compare to originals. id did the 1500 mile/ 7 day trip with lads last month and never had any issues with wrists, arms etc. Ive done 7500 in 2 years without any aching etc.

If you need any other pics just give me a shout as its in the lounge. The lock stops do need to be altered and I can only use the steering lock one way.

Stu.

IMG_8726.jpg IMG_8727.jpg IMG_8728.jpg

IMG_1515.JPG

IMG_8729.jpg

19. Thanks for this, can u still use the steering lock in it’s normal turned to the left position? (Ie clutch side down)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information