1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donington 25th March

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Richard R, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Has anyone else booked Donington on Monday? The forecast is looking good and I can't wait!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'll be there on Monday. I'm racing there over the weekend, so a mate booked the day for me to drag him around for a few sessions.
    Forecast looks good, and Colin from 100% suspension is there, and I could do with some of his black magic on my bike

3. Although I'm not 100% convinced by R1 won't ping the sound meter, so I'll be rolling off and short shifting past the sound meter ;)

4. I'll see if I can tag on behind too! Also need to see Colin after fitting a new shock and doing a few other track mods to my bike... I'll look out for you, is your bike black and red? I think I saw some pics in "trackday pics"... This is what I'll be on

5. DSC_3493.JPG

DSC_3493.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cool, I’ll see you there
    It’s a black, white and fluro red R1
    A60F01A5-B3AE-47A6-8E97-8734F92DDB39.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. I couldn't get out of bed this morning, so have a good day
    Looks like you've got some mint weather for it

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Well done on the podium :upyeah:

9. I was going to ask what garage as couldn't see your bike... Sun feels warm already!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks George. The weekend's battered me a bit and I just couldn't get myself out of bed at 4;30 this morning when the alarm went off

• Like Like x 1
  11. Highlight of the day so far...overtaking a V4S coming into McLeans. After a steady start I've got my eye in and loving it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Richard R, I am assuming it was a 98db day, as it is a Monday, if so how did you get of for noise with the full system you have on your bike. I only ask as I have a 1098S with the same system but have always shied away from 98db days at Donington, and it's a long way for me to travel to get turned around for noise.

13. Fine, but I had baffles in.... I arrived with no baffles fitted and was going to see how it went.... But chickened out and fitted them. There were some loud bikes screaming past and Ivm sure a 1098 with 70mm would be OK with.no baffles. They may sound really loud on tick over, but quieter than IL4s down the straight.

Ivm going againnext week and will have a bash with no baffles and report back... They are the sort of bike that are much more fun when you can hear them properly!

14. My 1098R with 70mm Termignoni system measured 104 without baffles at Silverstone. Andy

15. Thanks for that... I'll leave them in!

16. Andy, I suspect yours was a static test at Silverstone, where as it's a flyby test at Donington. Richard R, I would still be interested to hear how you get on next week if you go back to Donington, as I don't have any baffles for my 70mm system.

17. I did the whole day on my 1198 with 70mm system and No baffles. I did back off a bit under the bridge on the straight in the first few sessions, but gave it the full beans most of the day!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information