1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donington Park 18th April

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Fraggle rock, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Just booked my first ever track day at Donington Park with Focused Events on Tuesday 18th April.
    As it will be my first time on track and going on my own l thought it prudent to book a 1-2-1 session with an instructor.
    Is anybody else going to this event? I will be on a 748 in the novice group.
    On a massive health drive to loose some weight so I can fit into my leathers. Still carrying a little Christmas weight

2. ah bugger im at silverstone the day after, your love it mate donny is a great circuit. just remember to relax and eat steady thought out the day rather than one big meal at lunch, and dont forget to check you tyre pressures when there hot makes a big difference. oh and have a cracking day :upyeah:

3. Enjoy :) as above , take a tyre pressure gauge to check as soon as you come back in as even in novice tyres can get too hot. 32f/30r should be ok but drop the rear if it keeps going higher Than that.

4. Cheers chaps. Been reading all the posts about 'first timers' at track.
    Just hope the bag I leave in the pits will be ok.

5. The pits are always safe and friendly. The guys in your garage will keep an eye on your gear when you are out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. thanks, just hoping for some nice warm dry weather.
    looking forward to some clean, pot hole free tarmac with all the idiots going in the same direction, no mud, horse shit, cyclist or tractors or Muppets pulling out on you and getting to see what a 748 is capable of. (though not over doing it)

7. Had my 748 around donny a few times.... great bike great track, it's not a "power" track so you will be fine.

8. I'll be there and will PM you my number.

9. I shall be there too in novice

10. I shall also be on this one, usually try and get into garage 1 or 2 at the far end of the paddock, probably be on a white 1098S.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RSV4 finally gone?

12. Done 3 TD's and always left a rucksack laying about. Kept wallet and phone in my pocket though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

13. Stuff's pretty safe in the garages, but you always get people wandering about, so just keep it out of eye sight
    Have heard of stuff being taken from vans at Donington in the past though, so make sure you lock that up.
    Love donington, but I'm at Snetterton on the 18th
    Have fun and keep it shiny side up

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hello Simon,
    Yes the RSV4 has gone but will be at Donington, as a good mate has bought it as will be having his first real run out on it. Not sure if I am going to get a 2107 model yet, off to Jerez in May, then Imola and Mugello in August, expensive year.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Leathers out, sandwiches made,
    Tools collected, oil level and fluids checked and topped up.
    Tyre pressures set,
    Nurvous excitement setting in.

(Please be dry tomorrow, Please be dry tomorrow,Please be dry tomorrow)
    See you tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  16. Currently showing light cloud and cool so take a fleece. Hope you have a good day. Andy

17. This is bloody brillient!!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. This however is not brilliant
    Bugger

IMG_6679.JPG

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. What happened? You ok?

20. oooops, looks superficial though :(

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information