1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donny - Bank Holiday Monday 28th May

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Cream_Revenge, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Hey

Booked 5 places in Inters for the above (can be changed to novice/nutter if they still have spaces in those groups when you call).

Code: DUC

Garage reserved.

4 groups but smaller than normal.

With 10% group discount works out at £134.10.

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/bike/calendar/2018/may/28-dp/

Any and all welcome to join :upyeah:

CR

bank holiday monday
    The Donington Park Grand Prix circuit is full of fantastic sweeping bends - a real riders favourite. The ‘jaw dropping’ Craner Curves and Old Hairpin combination offers the perfect place to test your (nerve) technique, with the Melbourne Hairpin and Redgate a favourite for the knee down opportunity and a test of the brakes! Through Schwantz and Mcleans is our favourite though.

This sessioned track day splits riders into FOUR GROUPS with a maximum of 40 bikes per group (20 less riders per group and BIG savings to be had over a 'noisy' day!) with the track time divided equally between the groups. Typically six 15-20-minute sessions through the day and the groups are nice and small so you have masses of space on circuit!

Please pay special attention to the noise limit. The standard 98db 'drive-by' limit operates throughout the day. This is not comparable to the 92db limits at other venues. Standard exhausts recommended or baffled aftermarket exhausts.

Please call 0843 453 3000* if you require further clarification.

#1 Cream_Revenge, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. Hey, 4 places left........ Needs all 4 booking by 15:00 tomorrow or the group booking is lost.

3. Can’t belive this isn’t sold. Donny on a bank hol?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hey @Cream_Revenge , how was the day? It was too hot here for riding (a motorbike)!

5. Ducking AWESOME day. Weather was perfect in morning but too nice if anything this afternoon.

Bland was faultless (apart from the red warning light I'm still ignoring) and keep scraping the pegs, really need rear sets as I'm running out of pegs now!

3 morning sessions I wasn't overtaken once and was way faster than most which wasn't really fair on them so moved myself to fast group at lunch. LOVE FAST GROUP!!!! It is bloody mental. Them R1Ms decking shift!!!!! Got overtaken quite a lot but wasn't slowest and did some overtakes. Learning a lot more in the fast group.

Absolutely adore Donny now, my new favourite track. Shame its 2 1/4 hours away.

• Like Like x 7
  6. You didn't get over taken creamy cos I wasn't there my friend!! :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I'm getting quicker!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Good man, you fancy Silverstone on the 26th??

9. Can't. Promised the wife after Cadwell week Sat I'll put the track bike away till after our summer holiday.

• Like Like x 1
  10. People often refuse to go in to the fast group, but I find it (normally) the safest place. If you are getting lapped by riders, maybe step down again but if not in a regular session crack on

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zero red flags in the 3 afternoon fast grit sessions. It felt safer in a weird way. You just need to be aware that the fast boys will come by at some point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. After taking the wife yesterday and her speaking to another wife I might just start getting some winter/spring Spain TDs with her/son getting a holiday built in.

Also, might get green light on a faster bike BUT she was told about the "1 out 1 in" rule which is vastly different to the "1 in 1 out" rule

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information