1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dovi Has A Superb Race At Assen To Take Runner-up Slot, Crutchlow Ninth

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Best result of the year

Andrea Dovizioso today ran an almost perfect race on the Dutch TT circuit at Assen, where the eighth round of the 2014 MotoGP World Championship was held. With an intelligent strategy, the Ducati Team rider perfectly interpreted the difficult weather conditions to take home a well-deserved second place, behind winner Marquez. With this result, the second podium of the season after a third at Austin, Dovizioso moves up one place in the world championship and is now fourth on 91 points.
    Starting well from seventh place on the grid on rain tyres for the early laps in the wet, Dovizioso found himself second behind Marquez and did not even relinquish the position during the pit-stop on lap 6 to change bikes when the track started to dry. Andrea actually took the lead on lap 8 and stayed there until lap 15, when he was overtaken by the championship leader, and he finished the race in second place, with a comfortable advantage over third-placed Pedrosa.
    Team-mate Cal Crutchlow did not have an easy race. Starting from fifth on the grid after a good qualifying session yesterday, Cal was able to make it into sixth position by the mid-point, but then started to lose ground and he concluded the Dutch GP in ninth place.
    Andrea Dovizioso #04 – 2nd
    “The conditions today were very difficult but we managed to get a good start with the right choice of tyres and a perfect race strategy. I had a good feeling with the bike right away, there wasn’t much water but the grip was good, you just had to understand which corners were wet and which were dry. Both Marc and I were able to interpret the track quicker than the others and we pulled out a good gap straight away. I followed him for the early laps, this was my strategy, then I managed to pass him when he made a mistake but his pace was quicker than mine. This second podium of 2014 is very important for us: we are all working so hard and I really want to thank my team!”
    Cal Crutchlow #35 – 9th
    “It was a really tough race today for everyone because of the weather conditions. As far as I was concerned it was a disappointing result because I felt we should have taken more advantage of the conditions as soon as the track dried, but I had the same problems as I had in every practice. We had too much understeer with the bike and I was not competitive enough. A good job by Andrea, today he got a fantastic result for the team.”
    Luigi Dall’Igna (Ducati Corse General Manager)
    “Obviously today we are very satisfied with Dovi’s second place! We knew that our Desmosedici could perform particularly well in the wet but the conditions in this race were really difficult: the team ran an excellent strategy and Andrea was able to keep up a good pace in the rain and then maintain a high rhythm even when the track dried out. He also managed to lead for eight laps, and then when Marquez passed him, he continued to lap well to defend his position. It is a result that fills us with satisfaction and gives us confidence for the future.”

Read the whole post here.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. Where does that leave Cal? It's fair to say that Dovi out-raced him at Tech3, and he's doing the same at Ducati. On this showing it seems like Cal needs to shut his cake-hole and start getting on with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. All the open class bikes changed to soft tyre, factory bikes had to use medium. Not a level playing field.

This thread should have spoiler alert. Some peeps will want to watch it Monday.

4. It's a homepage article. Get over it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Or stop being tight arses and pay for BT sport.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yep,many thanks for spoiling the recording I planned to see tomorrow night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Have you avoided all the news except here then? Well done you :Cyclops:

8. wonder what bullshit moaner crutchlow will come out with now ,

9. Would have been nice to at least leave it a day until blasting the results all over the fricken place!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sorry guys my bad. I usually give a few days, but I had some time. Sorry if I ruined it for anybody. In future I'll hold it back a few days

11. Matt - I understand you getting excited about Dovi and Ducati finally doing something. Don't beat yourself up. If you hadn't posted someone else would have.

12. This is a motorbike forum with quite a heavy sport bias, there will always be lots of talk about motogp or superbikes, and usually the results are blurted out almost immediately. If you are a sensitive soul I suggest you avoid the forum in it's entirety until you've seen the race in question rather than come on here pretending to be utterly surprised at someone else typing the results. It really is very tedious.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. I agree completely. It's not difficult. :)

14. Old debate Fig, and obvious thing is spoiler in a title and no results, not emblazoned across the new posts thing. Its standard etiquette and if you don't think thats acceptable and reasonable then the dictionary must have a pic of you under the words inconsiderate and selfish ;)

Some have to wait until catch up or Monday ITV for MGP

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. You don't have to wait. You could get BT Sport instead.

16. Or just accept the result has been revealed and not bleat on about it...

17. Or just remind the site organiser of the etiquette

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. So does everyone turn the news off, avoid the internet, not listen to the radio and walk round the streets with a sign saying 'don't mention the Moto GP results'?

19. Nope. But avoid MCN, avoid much of FB for a few hours and avoid BBC sport website. Looks like the Oxford dictionary may carry several photos...

20. Shouldn't be too hard to avoid a motorbike forum then...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information