1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dovi Signs For Yamaha

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Sam1199, Sep 17, 2021.

1. It’ll be good to see him racing again. It’ll be interesting to see how he adapts to the faster cornering Yamaha’s, I just hope the SRT Yamaha’s are as good as the factory bikes so he can genuinely compete.

I hope he does well.

2. Ditto, but he's 35 years of age and should know better when it's time to hang up the leathers.

3. Baptism of fire for him at Misano this weekend, at least when Vinales moved he was still actively racing in the top class and he had a 2 day test ahead of Aragon.

Saying that he's jumping on a Yamaha which is a friendly bike at a track which he knows well, but with a new pit crew that needs to gel with him, a 2 year old bike that is towards the back of the field in terms of top speed and although he has ridden a GP bike in 10 months the tyres have moved on a bit also.

I don't think he'll be last, but i don't expect him to be in the points.

And a deal for 2022 also with a factory bike, this will be his swansong and topping up his pension pot I guess, you never know how he might fair next year.

4. He was still fast before his holiday.
    Hope he does well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rain in both sessions today, 21st in the 2nd.... couple of test rider wildcards also (Pirro/Bradl).

Looking good for the Ducati's though 1st, 2nd and 3rd in FP2

Do Not Sell My Personal Information