1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dovizioso Blunt About 2013 Ducati Challenge

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by Ducati News, Feb 18, 2013.

1. 1-dovizioso-ducati-preview-valencia-1.jpg

The testing recently at Sepang did not exactly go well for Ducati as a whole and Andrea Dovizioso is under no illusions as to the size of the task ahead for the Italian outfit in 2013. The new recruit had a disappointing time in Malaysia as he finished 10th and well behind Honda and Yamaha.

Ducati are looking for a win on the circuit since the departure of Casey Stoner in 2010 however with performances like the one at Sepang then it is likely that the wait may have to go on for a while yet. That being said, Dovizioso explained that this is the low point for Ducati and things can only get better from here. With new riders in place in addition to last year's takeover by Audi then there has been much change behind the scenes and this will take a while to implement.

While Ducati have been languishing somewhat recently their rivals in Yamaha and Honda have been getting stronger and this is something that has had a major impact on the team according to both Dovizioso and Project Director Paolo Ciabatti. With so many changes happening both at a business and personnel level then it is understandable that it may take some time for even out and implement a new way of doing things, but for Dovizioso and Nicky Hayden then the process cannot happen soon enough.

1-dovizioso-ducati-preview-valencia-1.jpg

2. Looks like Dovi is covering his tracks. When he gets outclassed by Bradl, Smith, Cruthlow and even RDP he can turn around and say 'I told you the bike was rubbish' (which sadly it is). Everybody on that grid is a class rider and having a machine that you cannot gain any confidence on, must be heartbreaking. To quote a line from Indy: The Last Crusade ' He chose poorly' A poison chalice indeed.
    I recently watched the 2010 MotoGp review and I forgot that Stoner and Hayden were fighting for podiums in most races....until they crashed that is

3. I read with interest and would like to point out a couple of things. I think it would prove extremely valuable for Ducati to stick Stoner on the bike to see if the problems really exist and how he could get the current machinery to perform. I'm not saying that stoner is the be all and end all but he knew how to ride the Ducati and get the podiums at GP level. Also to win you have to believe, believe you can do it, believe what your riding can achieve the impossible. So if you don't believe then your just making up the numbers so what's the point in turning up. PMA Dovi not PMT. You live the dream and god knows you have the ability to make it happen.

4. It's a good point.

Stoner is about the only person who can now really give them some feedback. Either the bike's gone downhill since he rode it and he can tell them so, or it hasn't and maybe he can instruct others on how to use it.

Can't see it happening, though.

5. At least he's being honest and telling everyone what we already know, that the bike needs either a radical change (even if it is done in small, step by step changes) or a completely new design. I'm not sure where Ducati go from here. Whilst they struggling to stand still the other manufacturers are forging ahead.

The control tyres used recently really hurt Ducati and the shift from a frame design they've used for years to a frameless then an aluminium beam (which they don't make themselves) frame also hasn't helped. Maybe Vale was wrong when he insisted on a beam frame and maybe they should have stuck with and continued to develop the frameless design.

6. Maybe Vale has been detrimental to Ducati's progress. Maybe taking a step back to take several forward wouldnt be a bad idea.

• Like Like x 1
  7. If stonor is finished with Honda with no deal with pr etc, a test ride on the duke could rub everyones face in it.

8. I agree, Stoner is the man Ducati need to get back on the bike, but lets not forget that he was having front end problems towards the end of his Ducati contract. I believe Stoner has been one of the most under rated riders,partly because of the Rossi factor in moto gp. We will all miss his raw speed this year. Like him or loathe him he was awesome to watch on a moto gp bike. Take a look at his super slo mo you tube.

9. troy bayliss knows how to sort a bike out he needs to be involved in getting this pig sorted

Do Not Sell My Personal Information