1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dovizioso Denies Rossi Final Lap Chance

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Ducati rider Andrea Dovizioso capitalised on Valentino Rossi’s tyre problems in closing stages of Austin MotoGP to open a gap and secure another runner-up finish

Andrea Dovizioso was determined not to allow Valentino Rossi the chance of a final-lap attack as the Ducati rider celebrated another runner-up finish in the Austin MotoGP.
    Dovizioso took advantage of Rossi’s front tyre problems to push on in the closing stages of the race after passing the Movistar Yamaha rider and dug deep to open a gap to prevent the Qatar race winner from having the opportunity to strike on the last lap at the Circuit of the Americas.
    “I’m very happy because it was very difficult to manage the tyres, especially the front, like always here,” he said.
    “I had a nice battle with Valentino but I saw him seven laps from the end and he was struggling a little bit more with the right side [of the tyre] so it was the time to push a little bit more and not give him the possibility to fight me in the last lap.
    “It’s another really special result and it confirms more about how good the bike is; I’m really happy to be in this situation and I believe we need to improve small things on the brakes and on the traction to be in front at every track, but the speed is there so it’s nice to be in this situation.”
    Dovizioso appeared to run out of fuel after the finish of the race but the Italian rider shrugged off the close shave and said it was nothing to be worried about.
    “I can say that everything was under control [after running out of fuel following the race finish]; yes, we were on the limit but it is quite normal and we are not scared because in the last race we did not work like Honda and Yamaha to finish the race with 10 to 20 litres, so we didn’t save the fuel like them and we are not scared for the future,” said Dovizioso.

courtesy of Crash.Net | F1 & MotoGP | Motorsport News

Read the whole post here.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information