1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dovizioso Finished 5th After Starting From Pole. Cal Crashes Out Early

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Oct 14, 2014.

1. The Ducati starts from pole

Andrea Dovizioso scored another positive result in the Grand Prix of Japan at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit, the Ducati Team rider finishing in fifth place at the end of the 24-lap race. Starting from pole, Dovizioso crossed the line at the end of lap 1 in third behind Rossi and Lorenzo. On lap 9 the Italian was then passed by Marquez and by Pedrosa five laps later, after which he was able to maintain his fifth place until the chequered flag.
    Cal Crutchlow, who started from row 3 after qualifying eighth yesterday, crossed the line in tenth place at the end of lap 1, but a crash at turn 3 on the second lap brought an early end to his race.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Andrea Dovizioso #04 – 5th
    “I think we have to be upbeat about this weekend’s result and look at things in a positive way. We went really well in practice and qualifying, yesterday we got a fantastic pole position and we have always been up at the top of the timesheets. We are making our fans dream again and so it’s obvious that we are creating expectations, but the fact is that we are still not ready to aim for the win. But it was great to do the early laps in the leading group. I really pushed hard but when the rear tyre started to drop off I was no longer able to keep with them. It’s all good experience that will help us for next year and I’m very pleased with the work we have done so far.”
    Cal Crutchlow #35 – DNF
    “I’m really disappointed for today’s result, and I’m sorry for the team first and foremost. I made an error by slightly jumping the start, so then on the actual start I released the clutch too late and got a really bad start in the end. I tried to make up some time because I didn’t want the leaders to get away so much, and I pushed too hard and made a mistake on the wide line into turn 3 and crashed. I was actually quite pleased with my pace this weekend, we did a better job of it as a team, so I’m obviously very disappointed with the result. Hopefully we can make amends in Phillip Island.”

Luigi Dall’Igna (Ducati Corse General Manager)
    “This weekend was again positive for us: Andrea’s pole position gave us a lot of satisfaction and it is another step in the right direction. At the start of the year I didn’t think we could manage to take a pole this season, so I’m really happy about that. Together with all the guys in Ducati Corse we’ve done a great job up until now, but we know that we still have to improve to be able to stay with the leaders for the entire race. I’d just like to congratulate Marc Marquez for his second successive world title: it’s an exceptional result!”

Read the whole post here.

2. he may have got 5th place but was outclassed by the only other factory bikes,, but an improvement over the last few years since Stonner left them,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    really can understand why anyone bothers with C Crashalot any more,,
    decent ride from the star of the future Bradley :upyeah:

3. Oh I agree, however concessions for tyres and fuel give a somewhat distorted result. With a harder tyre and less fuel, the bike is in trouble. This is why they've been looking into a smaller engine, in terms of size not displacement

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information