1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dovizioso Hails Podium As 'dream Come True': Motogp Argentina

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Ducati’s Andrea Dovizioso increased his points tally by another 20 points following his third consecutive runner-up finish this season in the Argentina MotoGP.
    “Dovi” gained a position to finish on the podium again after Repsol Honda’s Marc Marquez came off on the penultimate lap of the race as he tried to regain the lead from eventual winner Valentino Rossi, underlining the consistency of the new GP15 this year.
    Dovizioso is only six points adrift in the championship standings after the first three rounds and was especially pleased with his result at the Termas de Rio Hondo track on Sunday.
    “I’m so happy. Especially to get this result here. Last year I struggled a lot and during practice this weekend I was quite fast but not like Qatar and Austin,” said Dovizioso.
    “But we worked hard and arrived in the race with the right set-up for the chassis and electronics. It worked very well to go fast but also save the tyre.
    “This was the key to be able to follow Valentino almost all the race. But at the end he dropped the lap time again, 39.0, it was impossible for me. But I’m really happy,” he added.
    Dovizioso said his competitive start to the championship on the revamped GP15 has been a ‘dream come true’ so far and once again he expressed his thanks to his team for their efforts.
    “Second, or third if Marc didn’t crash, and very close to Valentino is a dream come true because the bike is very new and we are second in the championship, six points behind after a great start to the season by Valentino. We are very close!” he said.
    “Thank you to the team because the atmosphere is perfect to get the best result and Ducati made a really good job because the bike works really well in every track we’ve been to.”

courtesy of Crash.Net | F1 & MotoGP | Motorsport News

Read the whole post here.

3. Got to drop your hat to Mr. Rossi, he's dam good at what he does.

4. As we are on the subject of slapping wrists (and this IS on topic) - do you think you could construct a less-revealing thread title in with the word SPOILER in it in future El Toro?? I remember Matt used to do it as well so I don't know if posting instructions comes from above or if it's because it's easy to quote a headline from somewhere else to attract more readers but it is effing annoying for people looking forward to seeing it for the first time on the ITV4 replay tonight..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. The. British. Are. Coming.

6. For once its not me whinging about it...

7. BT Sport has been worth every penny so far:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yep...especially as its not my penny ;)

9. Can't help but notice all the people who have moaned about motogp being 'a procession' and 'not as good as the old days' have suddenly gone very quiet...

10. Its been great racing all season so far, with the occasional poor race in one class but the others have normally made up for it. Wsbk tho has been the poor relation so far this year

11. To be fair I've just watched the Assen SBK and it was great racing.

12. Assen was exciting because of the passes behind no 1, but seems once the get to lap 5 thats it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information