1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Dp Slipper Clutch Installation

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by MiKA7, Mar 3, 2018.

1. CBB3E07A-B2A0-4EF9-8B2C-D86390C1D3BD.jpeg Hi,

Just got my hands on a DP Wet slipper for the 848 and put it in last night, but the when pressing the clutch the pressure plate responds fine and the frictionplates get some but little space between them. But when in gear the clutchlever doesn’t release the clutch. Measured the stack height to 50some mm’s and installed everything according to Ducati manual spec.
    Do I need to remove one 1.6mm steel and a friction plate because the stack is actually too high or am I missing something?
    Manual states minimum 46.1 but not a maximum.

Best regards,

2. >50mm stack height when the manual states not less than 46mm sounds excessive. I think maybe 46mm + 2mm over that would be the maximum I would go, bearing in mind that steels are 1.6mm to 2mm each. :thinkingface:

3. I was thinking the same, probably tro to take out one friction and one 1.6mm steel and remeasure the stack and aim for 47-48mm.
    But I find it kind of strange that this stack was removed from the original well functioning clutch and put in the slipper but doesn´t work at all, followed the manual to the point at every aspect.
    But I´ll double check the springs first just in case.

4. Have you got the plates the correct way around? have you followed the instructions for order of build ie steel or friction first ?

5. I followed the instructions that came with the clutch as it is the same for the regular clutch and points to the regular workshop manual, states washer and convex washer followed by special friction 48 first then 1.6steel. They were in the same exact order on the normal clutch. The link states a different order but worth trying! When disengaged the pressure plate moves about 1.1mm

• Like Like x 1
  6. i did that!:upyeah::):bucktooth:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information